Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know if it is great or not but here is mine

2lbs ground beef salted and peppered to taste add chili powder to taste

1 large onion chopped

1lb pinto beans can buy canned beans if you want to save time

1qt hot tomatoes I use home canned but can use 2 cans Ro tel

1tsp jalepeno pepper juice

1 -2qts tomato juice

I cook my beef with the onion drain add beans tomatos and juice & pepper juice bring to a boil then let simmer for about an hr then taste to see if I need more chili powder and season to taste then simmer about another hr then usually put it in fridge till next day and it is really good

sometime I add cubed steak with the ground beef or instead of also add fresh pork or pork sausage to the mix

Here is mine.

2lbs hamburger
2 med. onions
2 green peppers
2 red peppers
2 bottles chili sauce
2 cans diced tomatos 14 oz
2 cans tomato sauce 14 oz.
2 cans pinto beans, can use favorite beans, undrained
Salt, pepper, chili powder, white pepper, green tabasco sauce, a dash of cinnamon.

Brown burger and onions together. Add the peppers; diced; chili sauce, tomatos, beans and tomato sauce.
Now season to taste. Let simmer all day. Put in the frig overnight and reheat the next day for lunch.
I use quite a bit of chili powder and white pepper in this chili.
It is a sweet/hot chili.

Brown 1 or 2 pounds of ground beef with a chopped up onion and spoon off the grease. Add 1 or two cans of tomatoes, 1 can of beef or chicken broth, a can of light red or dark red kidney beans or both, and 9 tablespoons of chili powder. Salt to taste. Probably won't need much salt. Simmer about a half hour or so. Serve with soda crackers. Grated cheese, chopped up green onions, and large whole Jalapenos for toppings optional.

Well it isn't really a "recipe" more of a throw it in the pot deal and taste....
But I like to use round steak, slice it up into small thin pieces and brown in a bit of Olive oil
throw in some finely diced onion and a bit of celery if you like it
throw in some diced green/yellow and red pepper
season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, Tony Cachere's Creole seasoning
let that brown/cook until the veg are tender
then I throw in a big can of diced tomatoes
a bottle of spicey hot V8 juice
a can or two of Bush's medium chili beans (or a can of Bush's and a can of kidney beans)
Let her simmer for about an hour, then let cool and reheat to serve.

Can use ground beef and if I have some pork steak I will brown that up too with the meat, have used a tube of sausage too along with the beef which gives it a different but good flavor.

Jim62, ga. prime, you OK with cinnimon or did I Luv Hereford get ya'll all flustered with tomatoes and beans and slip that by you as the last ingredient? :p

CKC1586":37cna10p said:
Well it isn't really a "recipe" more of a throw it in the pot deal and taste....
But I like to use round steak, slice it up into small thin pieces and brown in a bit of Olive oil
throw in some finely diced onion and a bit of celery if you like it
throw in some diced green/yellow and red pepper
season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, Tony Cachere's Creole seasoning
let that brown/cook until the veg are tender
then I throw in a big can of diced tomatoes
a bottle of spicey hot V8 juice
a can or two of Bush's medium chili beans (or a can of Bush's and a can of kidney beans)
Let her simmer for about an hour, then let cool and reheat to serve.

Can use ground beef and if I have some pork steak I will brown that up too with the meat, have used a tube of sausage too along with the beef which gives it a different but good flavor.

Starts off pretty much as what I make. I use Tone's Cajun Seasoning instead of Tony Cachere's Creaole Seasoning. (Have been tempted to buy it and see what it taste like but I never have) Sometimes I stop here with it for use in enchiladas, nachos, tacos and such. If I want to keep going for non-Texas style chili I'll add chicken stock, blend up a can or two of Rotel tomatoes and a can or two of whole tomatoes then add some beans. Might have to add some more Cajun Seasoning depending on how you like it or how much liquid and tomatos you add. If I use canned beans I drain and rinse them before adding.

We use kidney beans, McCormick seasoning, 50/50 ratio of beef to sausage, whole tomatoes and onion.

You folks work much too hard.

Get a crock pot. Brown a pound of burger and a pound of ground turkey mincing it all well. Drain it. Dump it in a crock pot. Put in 2 medium 24 ounce bottles of Pace, a small bottle (14 oz or so) of ketchup, and a small can of mild chopped green chillis. Let it simmer.

Everybody and their brother is going to want your chilli recipe once they try it.

Add beans if you like beans.

backhoeboogie":3u8w12lw said:

Get a crock pot. Brown a pound of burger and a pound of ground turkey mincing it all well. Drain it. Dump it in a crock pot. Put in 2 medium 24 ounce bottles of Pace, a small bottle (14 oz or so) of ketchup, and a small can of mild chopped green chillis. Let it simmer.

Everybody and their brother is going to want your chilli recipe once they try it.

Is that Pace, salsa or the hot sauce?

Gail

GMN":2k4o8vcw said:
backhoeboogie":2k4o8vcw said:

Is that Pace, salsa or the hot sauce?

Gail

Pace Picante'. Sorry Gail, I didn't know Pace made anything else :D

If you like hot chili, get the hot picante'. If you are feeding this to children, get one mild bottle and one medium. Two medium bottles seem to work well for most adults and I get requests to do this often.

Angus Cowman":18jtbetq said:
ga. prime":18jtbetq said:
Chili without beans is what you put on hot dogs. :welcome:

ga them texans don't eat beans in their chili was hard for me to get used to when I lived there but I figured out why they where windy enuff without the beans :lol: :lol:
Just joking Texas bred

Heck I agree with you Angus....I"ll take chili or I'll take beans...just don't pour the beans in my chili. :lol:

Chile is about one of the easiest things there is to make. Put whatever you like in it and it'll be good to anybody that likes chile. However, if you don't put a lot ( 2 bottles at least) of chile powder in it, you're doing it wrong. I'll amend that to say you're not not doing it wrong, but it won't be as good as it would have been with the chile powder.

You sound sure about that :D :D

I prefer chili peppers to dried ones that have been turned to powder. Perhaps it is just personal.

:lol2: Hey, I like the undried chilis too. I like them to eat along with my chili that has a lot of chili powder in it.

Latest posts