Chili Recipe

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Here is my favorite Chili recipe. I am not a great fan of chili, but this one is good.

• 2 lb Hamburger
    1 Onion, chopped
    1/2c Celery, chopped
    2 tsp Salt
    1/2 c Ketchup
    1 tsp Pepper
    28 oz can Tomatoes
    14 oz can Tomato Sauce
    1 can Pork and Beans in Maple Syrup
    2 tsp Dry Mustard
    1/2 tsp Cinnamon
    2 tsp Chili Powder (adjust to your taste)
    1/3 c Brown Sugar
    1/2 c Barbeque Sauce
    2 cans Mushroom Pieces and Stems

Brown hamburger with onions and celery. Add to other ingredients and simmer for 2 hours (or put in a crockpot)

Fry you up about a pound of good bacon real brown, grind it in the blender and throw it in there along with some of the drippings...hmmm...good.

Sorry, but that's too sweet to be "chili". Reads like a good "beef n bean stew", but here is CHILI.

2 lbs lean ground beef (or venison or bison)
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 14.5 oz cans petite diced or crushed tomatoes
2 14.5 oz cans kidney, pinto or black beans
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 pkg Chili seasoning, prefer William's (or 3 Tbsp if you buy the large economy size like us)
2 Chipotle chili's, chopped up (we buy them canned "chipotle chilis in adobo sauce")
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp sugar
salt to taste

start with the meat, add a little oil to the pan if it's super lean. When meat is about 1/2 done, add the onion and garlic, cook until pink is gone from meat. Add the rest of the ingredients, stir together and simmer at least 1/2 hour.

Good grief ! How many times do I have to tell you?

Chili does NOT contain any beans or tomato products. :wave:

CKC1586":2tbf8z5d said:
Jim62":2tbf8z5d said:

Up Nort it does... :nod:

Somebody done sold youse guys the recipe to something else and labeled it "chili". Bet you don't even sweeten your tea either. :lol:

TexasBred":21n4f7y6 said:
CKC1586":21n4f7y6 said:
Jim62":21n4f7y6 said:

Somebody done sold youse guys the recipe to something else and labeled it "chili". Bet you don't even sweeten your tea either. :lol:

Served hot..............with milk

TexasBred":1x10pmdn said:
CKC1586":1x10pmdn said:
Jim62":1x10pmdn said:

;-) Nope, tea on the rocks straight up..... :nod: :tiphat: :wave:

Anyone else got a sure fire chili recipe? We're having our annual chili supper cook off at church next Sunday night and I haven't placed with the 2 reciepes I have here so I want to try several so I can enter in a new one. Oh yeah, beans and tomatos are fine with me. Preferred actually. :D

Brown 2 or 3 pounds of chili meat, drain off what grease you can, and put it in a big pot.
Chop up a couple onions and sautee, then add to the meat, with about 1 tbsp. black pepper.

Take the seeds out of 2 or 3 dried ancho peppers, and tear up the pods into small pieces and put in blender.
Add: 1/2 cup chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. ground comino
2 or 3 tbsp. minced garlic
enough water to make this blend up good (I usually fill the blender jar about 3/4 full)

Blend all this until the pepper pods are chopped up real fine, then add all this to the pot of meat, onions, and pepper. Add enough water to make a nice mixture and bring itm to a boil for a few minutes, then back off on the heat and just let it simmer for an hour or two. Salt to taste near the end of the simmering time. Add however much water it takes to get the consistency you like, and/or the whole thing can be thickened with a little flour if you like. :tiphat:

My only suggestions: Cut back on the tomatos. Add some chopped up jalapenos or HOT Ro-Tel or HOT Picante sauce. Give that darn chili some TEX-MEX BITE! Top off the bowl with some chopped up onions and sharp cheddar cheese.

Git Er Done!

Note to the other poster: Hot Tea? With Milk? Yuck! Tea is "Iced Sweet Tea"! (Of course there's "Long Island Tea"---touch of booze doesn't hurt any...lol).

;-)

Running Arrow Bill":23a7ok5z said:
My only suggestions: Cut back on the tomatos. Add some chopped up jalapenos or HOT Ro-Tel or HOT Picante sauce. Give that darn chili some TEX-MEX BITE! Top off the bowl with some chopped up onions and sharp cheddar cheese.

Git Er Done!

Note to the other poster: Hot Tea? With Milk? Yuck! Tea is "Iced Sweet Tea"! (Of course there's "Long Island Tea"---touch of booze doesn't hurt any...lol).

;-)

Tell'em Bill..... :clap:

Running Arrow Bill":1ntv7jza said:

Git Er Done!

;-)

Now you are talking. Your taste buds are like mine.

Latest posts