Chiggers

Help Support CattleToday:

EAT BEEF":2nk8150g said:
cfpinz,I had some sort of reaction to fertilizer a few years ago that sounds like that.A boy that used to work for me would get posion ivy on is feet from walking in water that had poision ivy growing in it.Or thats what he said,he might have just not wanted to come to work for a few days.

I figure it's some sort of allergic reaction, had to travel thru my body to get to the feet. My hands are getting better (or at least not getting worse) but my feet still look/feel terrible. Looks like some of those fancy sting ray boots.

Jim62":2macl5vr said:
Chiggers and mosquitos don't bother me, either.

I attribute that to the garlic suppliments I take .

Come on to South GA. I can guarantee that they won't bother you, they will plain out molest you. I'm into garlic too, and it doesn't even slow them down.

Angus Cowman":18aggp9s said:
another cream that works well on tick and chigger bites is (don't laugh) Preparation H it removes the itching and swelling and helps dry them up

My wife uses Endure horse spray on her jeans and boots and it works better than anything else for keeping them off of her as she is highly allergic to tick bites

our vet uses it also as he is allergic to them too

Preperation H is also good for bald spots. Just rub a little in the bald area. Doesn't grow hair but it shrinks the skin which pulls the hair closer together. Makes you look like you got more hair!

Jim62":hf328fvg said:
Chiggers and mosquitos don't bother me, either.

I attribute that to the garlic suppliments I take .

GARLIC?? That's what Crowder uses to attract those "Wimmen" he gets. :cboy:

Backhoe, the opposite of what everyone is telling you, if you have a spring feed stream go get in it and stay as long as you can stand it it will take the fever out of the bites and the sting will leave. This is the only thing that will heal and get rid of them on me. The chiggers will jump to the middle of the road to get a taste of my old hide, but I have the cold stream close by to freeze them off.

Chiggars look kinda good to me right about now. I went Turkey hunting in Missouri a couple of weeks ago and seem to have found every Tick in the state attached to some part of my carcass.

Now for the real good news. Seems that one of the little beggars gave me a nice case of Lyme Disease. On day 4 of 21 days of Doxyclyne. This stuff is some real fun. I especially like the achy joints and dizzy spells. The good news is that It is also supposed to cause short term memory loss.

Now what was I saying????????????????????????????

3waycross":1u3rlksh said:
Chiggars look kinda good to me right about now. I went Turkey hunting in Missouri a couple of weeks ago and seem to have found every Tick in the state attached to some part of my carcass.

Now for the real good news. Seems that one of the little beggars gave me a nice case of Lyme Disease. On day 4 of 21 days of Doxyclyne. This stuff is some real fun. I especially like the achy joints and dizzy spells. The good news is that It is also supposed to cause short term memory loss.

Sorry to hear that! Lymes is nasty stuff. Will the meds get rid of it for good??
We are dealing with the knats here now, worse I have ever seen them. They go for the cows eyes and ears and even tho then are teeny tiny they draw alot of blood! Nasty little suckers!

3waycross":xovhcgsz said:

what part of the state were you hunting in?

Brute 23":25pwsck5 said:
Ivomec yourself and you won't have chiggers, fleas, ticks or any other bites for a solid year. ;-)

No I guess not. They can't get into a coffin 6 ft under.

Latest posts