Chicks Hatching

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
They have surprised me. About a week ago we had a power outage during the night. Lasted about 4-5 hours, and of course we were sleeping and I didn't get the incubator covered up until well into the power outage. I figured for sure that I had lost all the chicks. When I checked it at about 7AM, the incubator was at 92*, that is 10* lower than it should have been. Haven't been having any luck with my hatching yet, so I am just a little eggcited ;-) . There are at least 3/5 pipped, and now they have started peeping. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Hopefully they will all come through for you;but my question is where do you even find time for all the different things you have going on.The cows; the family(maid, cook ,transpoter) the horses;garden >.I just don't see how one person can do all of this? So good for you I may just plant a garden this year/ probably not.

hillsdown":2mn3ye1p said:
Hopefully they will all come through for you;but my question is where do you even find time for all the different things you have going on.The cows; the family(maid, cook ,transpoter) the horses;garden >.I just don't see how one person can do all of this? So good for you I may just plant a garden this year/ probably not.

I just make the time. Hockey is done now, so we have lots of time ;-) :lol: :lol: I have my seeds for the garden already but it'll be another month before that goes in. Hubby helps out with a lot of the kid stuff, too.