Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
preston39":fxmoy1r6 said:
Wewild":fxmoy1r6 said:
Wewild":fxmoy1r6 said:
I doubt that.......because it is not natural and I doubt if a cow would pick it up from the ground voluntarilty...oh ...maby if a clump of it landed in a grass pod and the animal bit off the complete pod..perhaps..but individual pieces on the ground...very seriously doubt it.

Why do they sometimes pick up hardware ???? Doesn't seem that it ould be natural either.
==============
Wewild,

Excellent point. Took a nail out of the jaw of one of out top cows 2 years ago....thus the..." hoggish".... point. Another one had a bale string three times around her tongue down her throat. Saw her throwing her head and trying to ...burp...regurgutate. Thus the ..."hoggish"...point.
But, here's the kicker...we didn't feed it to them on purpose.

You got nails and baling twine in with your dry feed????

Bovines are...well.....hoggish.... when it comes to their dry feed...they will run over you ..step on you..whatever... to get to it.
============
Wewild,

Wish I knew....the string I am sure from the round bales...the nail....wouldn't venture a guess....could have been from many points...perhaps chewing on the fence boards some where. :eek:

Looks like you've made my point for me.

Mr. Preston,
Not to start manure slinging, buy I guess I'm lacking in the "International Update" Category, I knew I should have been on Jeopardy! Call me old fashioned or Internationally Challenged,But Us Folks in Tennessee and the rest of the South, North, East and West spell God with 3 letters, GOD.To me G-D is like spelling X-Mas. I have NO interest in Jewish Hyroglyphics.And I've never heard of this hogwashed, backwards, stuff, kind of reminds me of when they said we'd be changing to the Metric System...did'nt go over very well did it? you claiming to be a Sunday School teacher is fine, but if you were in my neck of the woods, you would'nt be teaching here too long, we're not into International Updates here.- when they have to do with not spelling out God's name. Just my opinion.Have a great day. Keep the twine and nails out of those Cattle's mouths. Loose minerals work better than Steel.

Mr Preston!
Bud I just got a great Idea! We could ask Mr. Macon to start a new spot on the boards called................You guessed it! INTERNATIONAL UPDATES!
You could moderate it, and teach us all kinds of new stuff !And once in a while we could talk about what cattle the Zulu tribes of Africa are raising.Or What the weather is in Bora Bora. [/i]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts