Chianina x Gelbvieh

Help Support CattleToday:

basspro

Reaction score
I was thinking of trying a Chianina x Gelbvieh or possibly a Chianina x Shorthorn cross but worried about calving problems. Does anyone know anything about these crosses and if so is there many birthing problems? Any info is well appreciated.

basspro":3i72djky said:
I was thinking of trying a Chianina x Gelbvieh or possibly a Chianina x Shorthorn cross but worried about calving problems. Does anyone know anything about these crosses and if so is there many birthing problems? Any info is well appreciated.

You been reading the Chiangus website?

I have checked out the Chiangus websites and am considering them but I haven't really seen anything about Chianina x Gelbvieh or Shorthorn crosses. I know the results that Chiangus produce and I'm impressed. I am always looking to try and get an edge.

Wewild":124o2ov2 said:
basspro":124o2ov2 said:

You been reading the Chiangus website?

He was asking about Chianina.

VanC":227afscy said:

No shi t. Have you read the website I mentioned? Seems like crosses were mentioned.

No need to get hostile. I just want to know of any problems people are having with these crosses. I am looking to run some new breeds. I currently run about 70 head of Limousin x Angus cross.

basspro":1c9dm90q said:
No need to get hostile. I just want to know of any problems people are having with these crosses. I am looking to run some new breeds. I currently run about 70 head of Limousin x Angus cross.

Didn't realise I got hostile with you. When was that?

You seem to have a good mix right now.

What about the website?

I have checked out several chiangus websites, is there one in particualr you are speaking of? However, I really have no questions in regards to Chiangus.

Wewild":fx0z2j24 said:
VanC":fx0z2j24 said:

No shi t. Have you read the website I mentioned? Seems like crosses were mentioned.

No, I haven't read the website you mentioned. In case you have a hard time with the English language, I will gently point out that the original post asked about Chianina x Gelbvieh and Chianina x Shorthorn. No mention of Chiangus.

basspro: Sorry, I can't help you on this matter. Perhaps someone less hostile will come along soon.

basspro":3o7p06vs said:
I have checked out several chiangus websites, is there one in particualr you are speaking of? However, I really have no questions in regards to Chiangus.

I looked and can't find the one I was thinking about.

I like a Lim angus cross. How are yours doing? Why are you thinking about a change?

VanC":30kferbf said:
basspro: Sorry, I can't help you on this matter. Perhaps someone less hostile will come along soon.

Seems as I'm the bad guy. Good for you as you were the first to start. Check your PM.

I haven't heard or read about a Chianina x Gelbvieh either that is why I made this post. I don't want to spend the time and money trying to cross the two if it causes nothing but problems. Being a biologist I am always looking at traits and genetics from many breeds. If no one has any personnal experience or knowledge about this particular cross then I might just have to try it and see for myself what kind of pros and cons come along with this cross. I was also thinking about Chianina x shorthorn cross as well.

basspro":154kzig6 said:
I haven't heard or read about a Chianina x Gelbvieh either that is why I made this post. I don't want to spend the time and money trying to cross the two if it causes nothing but problems. Being a biologist I am always looking at traits and genetics from many breeds. If no one has any personnal experience or knowledge about this particular cross then I might just have to try it and see for myself what kind of pros and cons come along with this cross. I was also thinking about Chianina x shorthorn cross as well.
There are a lot of really nice club calves w/ Chi influence(Angus or Maine) and Shorthorn in them

Latest posts