Chianina Website with address

Help Support CattleToday:

choward2955jd":1bxacdpl said:
Well my idea for my website was that i wanted to eventaully show all of my cows nt just the best ones. I would rather let anyone see all of my cows and see that we are not perfect with our cow herd and yes we have areas that i want to improve on. How many good cows are on farms and ranches that are not perfect looking cows?? I bet more than the perfect cows. Anyone who calls me at home and ask about our calving issues with our percentage bulls or fullbloods i do not tell them that they will have no calving probelms. I tell them the truth that yes the chianina breed will have calviong problems. (A foot turned wrong or a calf that comes backwards etc..) I cant count the times i have talked to people about bulls and the first thing they say is (No you want have calving problems) such bull crap. All breeds will have problems just as some of you have pointed out 3-4 cows out of 120 that you think have problems. We are adding more of our cows dailey to the site and letting people see that we have cows of all kinds. Yes we are working to take out certain cows with problems but until these cows you say are bad stop weaning calves at 6 months old at 600lbs or more with no creep feed Iwill not sell them. I think my cows are as good as some breeders who have bred their cows so small that they look like cattle from the 1950's. I Most of those bad cows as some you have called them have daughters and grand daughters in our her that are producing as doo or better than their mothers or grandmothers.
Again lets see some of your cows and see what things we can hen peck them over. When we sell bulls or heifers to folks i always tell them there is no sure fire chance of problems with our cattle. To tell someone who buys a bull that they will have no calving problems is out right lie. Anything from anybreed can happen.
Look forward to seeing your cows. Keep looking we will have more cows on on our site dailey. Feel free to hen peck on them all you want

I think you're completely missing the point. Everyone on here is trying to tell you to put up pictures of your BEST cows (not perfect...whoever said they had to be perfect??) to encourage potential buyers, not the cows that are conformationally poor and will be an excuse for a potential buyer of your animals to think twice about buying from you, regardless if you're being honest or holding nothing back. It doesn't matter if all breeds have problems and this and that, we're just saying that if you want to get the demand for your animals, put up pics of your best stock and leave out the pee poor ones. Simple as that.

choward2955jd":15chfzfd said:
Well my idea for my website was that i wanted to eventaully show all of my cows nt just the best ones. I would rather let anyone see all of my cows and see that we are not perfect with our cow herd and yes we have areas that i want to improve on. How many good cows are on farms and ranches that are not perfect looking cows?? I bet more than the perfect cows. Anyone who calls me at home and ask about our calving issues with our percentage bulls or fullbloods i do not tell them that they will have no calving probelms. I tell them the truth that yes the chianina breed will have calviong problems. (A foot turned wrong or a calf that comes backwards etc..) I cant count the times i have talked to people about bulls and the first thing they say is (No you want have calving problems) such bull crap. All breeds will have problems just as some of you have pointed out 3-4 cows out of 120 that you think have problems. We are adding more of our cows dailey to the site and letting people see that we have cows of all kinds. Yes we are working to take out certain cows with problems but until these cows you say are bad stop weaning calves at 6 months old at 600lbs or more with no creep feed Iwill not sell them. I think my cows are as good as some breeders who have bred their cows so small that they look like cattle from the 1950's. I Most of those bad cows as some you have called them have daughters and grand daughters in our her that are producing as doo or better than their mothers or grandmothers.
Again lets see some of your cows and see what things we can hen peck them over. When we sell bulls or heifers to folks i always tell them there is no sure fire chance of problems with our cattle. To tell someone who buys a bull that they will have no calving problems is out right lie. Anything from anybreed can happen.
Look forward to seeing your cows. Keep looking we will have more cows on on our site dailey. Feel free to hen peck on them all you want
I think Macon needs to make that a new rule,,, no critiquing other folks cattle,, unless you post picture's of your own...
:cowboy:

I would think the main reason someone would use a fullblood chianina bull would be for terminal crosses wouldn't it? If so, I don't see udders being a deal breaker like it would in a situation where you are keeping replacements. That in mind i have to agree with everyone else, its just not good advertising to put pictures of lackluster cattle up on your website... especially when you have alot of photos and the website isn't lacking in content. Put your best photos up and talk honest to your customers would be the best approach imo.

I really like the layout of your site and it is very easy to navigate. Have you thought about doing a small description of how you run your cattle/feed bulls out/calve heifers out/ etc...?

Dude, grow some thick skin. Doesn't you want to earn $ by selling products? If so just change the pictures of the crossbreds and show their calves instead of the dams.

Latest posts