Chianina cattle photos please.

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Could someone post a photograph of a traditional coloured fullblood Chianina (Italian blood) at a US or Canadian show? I can't say that I have seen a proper coloured Chianina on these boards. Sick of seeing Chi this and Chi that,of animals that look nothing like a Chianina. :?:

I'll give you an "A" for your persistence. I'm afraid your complaints will continue to fall on deaf ears on a U.S.-based board. You may not like it, but what we do works pretty good for us.

I'll be surprised if you find any photos of fullblood Italian Chis at American shows. There used to be some but they certainly predated digitial photography and scanners. Somebody might dig one out for you, but I doubt it.

I think there are still a small handfull of breeders, but not many and nobody shows them that I know of. You might try calling the American Chianina Association if you really care for information on them.

I'm curious as to why someone in Austrailia even cares what we do in the U.S. show industry. Unless you wanted to have a jumping contest between kangaroos and fullblood Chis. Chi's could outjump any any animal I've ever seen. Although they could usually walk right over lots and fences of normal height.

Lots of things interest me all over the world. I can identify with the fence comment. In the early 70's I went to look at some Brahmans,they had Chianinas as well, guess what breed had a fair percentage of them in the wrong paddock. The Chianinas were mixed with the Brahmans in their paddock.
Colin

there are very few fullblood chis in the usa. off the top ofmy head: i know walter mizes has some in ga. i've never seen a fullblood in a showring, even at the nat shows...most everything in the aca is less than 25% chi

Latest posts