Chiangus

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeff":5hx21tet said:
I never hear anyone talk about the Chiangus. Does anyone else like them?

Looks like a pretty good cross. Trim, clean cattle. Good yield grade.
Probaly a decent carcass grade. The chianina needs some help and
I guess the Angus can help them more than most other breeds.

la4angus":2329n7lv said:
Jeff":2329n7lv said:

All the ones i've ever seen were pretty wild and shallow ribbed.

BLACKPOWER":3809c8xo said:
la4angus":3809c8xo said:
Jeff":3809c8xo said:

All the ones i've ever seen were pretty wild and shallow ribbed.

I really haven't seen very many of them. The ones that I have seen
were very trim and clean. I can't say anything about the disposition.
I expect that they could and probaly would be pretty crazy.

Most chiangus anymore don't have disposition problems. That has been culled religiously since the nut jobs got off the boat from Italy.of course that might have something to do with the fact that their is very little chi in the chiangus. I could probably get chi papers on my red heeler stock dog.I for one like a shot of chi in my cows. theircalves are a little bigger, better feeding and g&y real nice.

lmjl97":18qoprt5 said:
Most chiangus anymore don't have disposition problems. That has been culled religiously since the nut jobs got off the boat from Italy.of course that might have something to do with the fact that their is very little chi in the chiangus. I could probably get chi papers on my red heeler stock dog.I for one like a shot of chi in my cows. theircalves are a little bigger, better feeding and g&y real nice.

Your comment about being able to probably register your dog as part Chi made me smile. I'm not quite sure what the limitations are but it sure doesn't seem like you need much Chi or Chiangus to register with the Chi association.

Some folks I know run a nice set of brood cows. Their kid got into showing Chiangus heifers several years ago and so they have kept the heifers back as herd replacements. The heifers looked great (broody, big ribbed, muscular, etc.) when they were yearlings, but once they became mama cows they just melted. They are the poorest conditioned cows in the entire herd.

lmjl97":3ofov5dq said:

I think it only takes 22 1/2% chi to be able to register them. A local breeder had a heifer at the fair that was 50% simmi, 25% maine and 25% chi and he could register her in all three breeds.

pat

pat b":o6ynhys9 said:
lmjl97":o6ynhys9 said:

I think it only takes 22 1/2% chi to be able to register them. A local breeder had a heifer at the fair that was 50% simmi, 25% maine and 25% chi and he could register her in all three breeds.

pat

Now all he has to do is learn her to have 3 calves a year,

They don't have to be anywhere near 22% I screw around with clubbies and all you have to do to register a chi is have one parent papered chi. I have seen papered chis that are less than 1/32 chi.

lmjl97":1u7ilzp8 said:
They don't have to be anywhere near 22% I screw around with clubbies and all you have to do to register a chi is have one parent papered chi. I have seen papered chis that are less than 1/32 chi.

At that rate they soon won't have to have any Chi. Blood in them.
Just Say That They Do.

Maybe if the Chi part is Chihuahua you could register your dog.

dun

la4angus":1fuqcu8f said:
lmjl97":1fuqcu8f said:

Just Say That They Do.

dun":144v0tuv said:
Maybe if the Chi part is Chihuahua you could register your dog.

dun
To Small.
la4angus

la4angus":144v0tuv said:
lmjl97":144v0tuv said:

Just Say That They Do.

Latest posts