Chevy...

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Husband said its time he is going to take our orphan calf Chevy to the sale....
How funny is it going to be when I go buy her back. Haha

The days of Chevy.... in a Chevy....
How Chevy got her name.... baby calf Chevy... she was moved when first born ended up separated from her mother. Than her mother didn't want her. Poor Chevy turned out to be an orphan. We could figure out which cow was her mom.

Screenshot_20220111-084832_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220111-084839_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220111-084821_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220111-084828_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220111-085129_Gallery.jpg

Pretty Chevy.
Screenshot_20220111-085325_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220111-085159_Gallery.jpg

Summer days with Chevy... the other cows never really accept her...
Screenshot_20220111-090613_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220111-090629_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220111-090646_Gallery.jpg
My sexy old man... he so fine I made him mine. Ha
Screenshot_20220111-090658_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220111-090726_Gallery.jpg
Cows love Chevys.
Screenshot_20220111-090808_Gallery.jpg
Yep I think so... maybe so... smell good. Haha. Guess so.
Chevy now...
Screenshot_20220111-084540_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220111-084523_Gallery.jpg
Chevy with this past years calves... she maybe a mini?! (25 tag)
Screenshot_20220111-084357_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220111-084330_Gallery.jpg

Had her in a weaning pen with then others feeding them.... she hasn't really grew. Hasn't gotten smaller.... she just going to be Chevy size. I guess...

Your gonna regret selling her!

I ALMOST sold Seven. Glad I didn't. She will be along with a calf late spring early summer. Those bottle babies take a while to get up to size, but they sure grow on ya. BFFL!

Chevy has been good to us... she just costing feed. She isn't going to grow up. Don't believe she will be able to breed... so we were at??? What ya'll advice?

Your gonna regret selling her!

I ALMOST sold Seven. Glad I didn't. She will be along with a calf late spring early summer. Those bottle babies take a while to get up to size, but they sure grow on ya. BFFL!

Boy speak words.... what is BFFL mean? When did we go back to caveman talk? Ha come on your grown sound like it. Smile

Chevy sure looks happy. From the pics she is just now getting to the size to grow. Those bottle calves are slow. I raised three a couple years ago and they are a lot of work. You need to make this pic your Avatar.

screenshot_20220111-085129_gallery-jpg.12044

Last edited:
Here's seven shortly after birth. August 29th 2019
Screenshot_20220111-094838_Gallery.jpg
Then again April of 2020 helping with fence repairs....
Screenshot_20220111-094703_Gallery.jpg
She finally bred several months ago!
Long long road to get there....
Just saying. If ya like her, don't be too hasty about selling her. It takes time!
She was a full 2 years old b4 she finally bred!

Last load we took to the sale barn I cried. We took half went back with the other half. They kept looking at us knowing it wasn't right. It was so SAD!!! I had them all named, eating out of our hands, the kids hands, they were good cows. My daughter had fell slipped off side the cattle trailer the one cow was beside her, she step over to guard her. Them cows were barely weaned when we got them and our children was still in diapers they were baby's together. Angus may have the fancy papers better money... they aren't as friendly as some other breeds. Than again depends how they are raised. Just like "petbulls" or another other breed dog versus a mutt.
Love the name Seven. I want name our next mini that.... they thought seven wasn't girly enough.

Last load we took to the sale barn I cried. We took half went back with the other half. They kept looking at us knowing it wasn't right. It was so SAD!!! I had them all named, eating out of our hands, the kids hands, they were good cows. My daughter had fell slipped off side the cattle trailer the one cow was beside her, she step over to guard her. Them cows were barely weaned when we got them and our children was still in diapers they were baby's together. Angus may have the fancy papers better money... they aren't as friendly as some other breeds. Than again depends how they are raised. Just like "petbulls" or another other breed dog versus a mutt.
Love the name Seven. I want name our next mini that.... they thought seven wasn't girly enough.
Seems like use to I could load those old cows up and not think much of it. Now if they have been around a few years, been good cows I hate to see them go, but that is part of the business. That still doesn't help much.

Husband said its time he is going to take our orphan calf Chevy to the sale....
How funny is it going to be when I go buy her back. Haha
Not even a little bit funny.
I'm sure the 2 of you have discussed why.
I'd be OK with you putting in 1 bid and only 1 bid (either the 2nd or 3rd) and hope it doesn't end up being the last bid. :)

Not even a little bit funny.
I'm sure the 2 of you have discussed why.
I'd be OK with you putting in 1 bid and only 1 bid (either the 2nd or 3rd) and hope it doesn't end up being the last bid. :)

You know who wears the pant in this house.... ha. .... family board. Who's the boss I meant.
After figuring her feed and hay.... bahahahahahahaha!! She is costing alot to feed. My husband said she cost so much to feed. I said okay how much? After doing some calculating.... bahahahahahaha!!! Grand total I about fell out my chair ya'll!! Okay are ya'll ready?! .75 cert per day Bahahahahaha.

Latest posts