Chevy S10's

Help Support CattleToday:

I think it's hard to beat them.

I'm on my third right now. The first got me 226,000 miles, the second got me 267,000 and now I'm at 98,000 on the third. All these miles at around 25 mpg. The only thing other than maintenance has been one water pump.

Farmer Jack":2n18kbm6 said:
I think it's hard to beat them.

I'm on my third right now. The first got me 226,000 miles, the second got me 267,000 and now I'm at 98,000 on the third. All these miles at around 25 mpg. The only thing other than maintenance has been one water pump.

I agree. Dad bought a 89 model it now has almost 300,000 miles on it. I do recall him replacing the water pump about 6 or 7 years ago.

Wife has been driving on a rural mail route for years. No problems at all other than regular brake replacement which is to be expected on that job. Does GM even make them anymore or did the "Colorado" replace it??

TexasBred":3v36o5bb said:
...Does GM even make them anymore or did the "Colorado" replace it??
Colorado replaced it. Big mistake IMO - more body, less available motor. Wife has a 2002 Sonoma crew cab that came standard 4X4 with a 4.3 V-6. Colorado comes with a 3.5 option. I would buy another S-10 or Sonoma like hers in a heartbeat. Don't like the body style at all on the Colorado - would take it if they gave it to me but would never buy one..