chemo prayers

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
No,my chemo went well,but I can't sleep thinking about this little girl (early 20s) who was there.. Very very thin,pale,not complaining. Her extreamly worried young husband was with her..Anyway the chemo started her throwing up,and she couldn't stop.They had to transfer her to the hospital, I didn't get her name,but God knows who she is. So,when you'r bundling up your prayers to send off,would you add some for the chemo paitents? There are so many of us out there. :frowns: Thanks, Peg

Poor girl. I hope she gets better. She will be in my thoughts and prayers along with all those who suffer and endure these treatments.

Do everyday.

My mom went through chemo off and on for 5 years, plus numerous surgeries, she passed on back in 2003.

So I include everyone that is suffering cancer and the chemo and radiation in my prayers.

mom

peg4x4":33reqzoz said:
No,my chemo went well,but I can't sleep thinking about this little girl (early 20s) who was there.. Very very thin,pale,not complaining. Her extreamly worried young husband was with her..Anyway the chemo started her throwing up,and she couldn't stop.They had to transfer her to the hospital, I didn't get her name,but God knows who she is. So,when you'r bundling up your prayers to send off,would you add some for the chemo paitents? There are so many of us out there. :frowns: Thanks, Peg
My prayers are with you and everyone else that has to go through this. My daughter, 31, has just had surgery for breast and kidney cancer. While she was at the hospital, M D Anderson in Houston, I saw many young people on the chemo treatment. It is hard not to tear up just walking around seeing them. It is hard not tearing up just typing this thinking about the many who suffer. Not only the patients but the parents and spouses.
When it is your child you want to steal their pain and have it as your own. You want to help but there is nothing you can do. I can hardly bear the thought of her having to go through the chemo. It is actually her strength that keeps me strong.

novatech":g7d4bbq2 said:
peg4x4":g7d4bbq2 said:
My prayers are with you and everyone else that has to go through this. My daughter, 31, has just had surgery for breast and kidney cancer. While she was at the hospital, M D Anderson in Houston, I saw many young people on the chemo treatment. It is hard not to tear up just walking around seeing them. It is hard not tearing up just typing this thinking about the many who suffer. Not only the patients but the parents and spouses.
When it is your child you want to steal their pain and have it as your own. You want to help but there is nothing you can do. I can hardly bear the thought of her having to go through the chemo. It is actually her strength that keeps me strong.
I will remember all the chemo patients as peg asks and pray specificly for your daughter.

Larry

Peg,

I'm not sure how the "chemo room" you go to is set up. The one I go to is a rather large room with a bunch of recliners. It's really depressing to see young people going through it. On my first day of chemo I had a woman that was in her early 20's come up and talk to me. I'm glad she did, there was no self pity, no "why me" with her. She's since beat the cancer and I'm sure her attitude had a lot to do with it. The nurses have told me that they can tell who's going to make it by the attitude of the patient. I'm not sure how true that is, but it has made me a totally different person.

Not that older people "deserve" cancer, but it is especially sad to see a young person go through it.

Our chemo room has comfy recliners,nice afgans if we get too cold,and a large wall to wall window that overlooks a "lake" (actually a stock tank) surrounded with pine trees,yopon and other trees.So much better than when I first started this stuff. I've been takeing flower seed out there and throwing them out. some have made it. the tank has turtles and fish so I'm takeing them bread and cat food. We can see thro the water from the second floor,really funny to watch the fish gang up on the turtles and run them off.
It's a nice place,but I'll be glad not to visit there any more. Be glad to get thro with this,I got places to go and stuff to do! Honestly,even with the chemo,I feel better now than I did before.. I think the colon cancer was takeing all my blood :devil2: Knew I was tired all the time,but noone could/would take the time to find out why-they kept telling me I was depressed and wanting to put me on pills..

peg4x4":162wezfy said:

That sounds so much like my partner when he was going through chemo. It was the BMT that was really bad tho. It's just gone 9 months that he's been gone...

:frowns: Another chemo day......
The little thin girl was there,she looked a bit better.
A boy of 16,he has testicular cancer,at his age.He's gone ahead and shaved his hair off.
One lady is celebrating her 3rd year after a Dr called all her kids in and told them she wouldn't live past that weekend. :banana:
Mine went well,tho the "port" wanted to act up a bit.
We're a diverse group,bound together by diverse cancers.

Latest posts