Chemical plants

Help Support CattleToday:

My oldest nephew and his wife are among those who were evacuated when the problem first began.

Still, the dangers of the chemicals they produce should have prompted them to plan for the worst, he said.
How cute and quaint..

What, is the definition of "the worst"? More water than has ever been recorded?
How much more?
Not a rhetorical question..
In feet please.

greybeard":3qa2myxn said:
My oldest nephew and his wife are among those who were evacuated when the problem first began.

Still, the dangers of the chemicals they produce should have prompted them to plan for the worst, he said.
How cute and quaint..

What, is the definition of "the worst"? More water than has ever been recorded?
How much more?
Not a rhetorical question..
In feet please.

Really got to love the question.
It is a snowflake one.
Places that haven't flooded since Noah.
Solve this by everyone returning to horse and buggy.

What do you do? You can install safety devices out the wazoo but things tend to fail under water.

We were planning a fishing trip out there at Sea Rim this week, changed our plans...We love that place. Those plants keep most people away because some campers don't like driving by them. I love seeing all the plants there, all the contraptions, pipes, devices. I always think how the thought process went in building them.. They aren't near that park, but i'm guessing its just people don't like seeing it as they drive there. Lots a good fishing out that way and very few people..

I and my family are among those you are referring to. I read it. Gave it all the consideration warranted.
I suggest, you stop driving hydrocarbon fueled cars, stop using any and all plastics, paints, gases, & fertilize.
Make a real difference in the world. None of us will be holding our breath for that to happen.

cowgirl8":r5h3m6t1 said:
We were planning a fishing trip out there at Sea Rim this week, changed our plans...We love that place. Those plants keep most people away because some campers don't like driving by them. I love seeing all the plants there, all the contraptions, pipes, devices. I always think how the thought process went in building them.. They aren't near that park, but i'm guessing its just people don't like seeing it as they drive there. Lots a good fishing out that way and very few people..
Lol

JSCATTLE":23qn3g0v said:
cowgirl8":23qn3g0v said:
Lol

I agree what a joke, that's richer than three feet up a bulls butt.

JSCATTLE":22f0bioe said:
cowgirl8":22f0bioe said:
Lol
What's funny??? She made a dam good observation. I'm amazed too at those huge plants and wonder how someone came up with the designs. But then I have to remember you and CB are the designated bullies on the board. Grow up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasBred":2izvts1c said:
JSCATTLE":2izvts1c said:
cowgirl8":2izvts1c said:
Lol
What's funny??? She made a dam good observation. I'm amazed too at those huge plants and wonder how someone came up with the designs. But then I have to remember you and CB are the designated bullies on the board. Grow up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was referring to the people won't drive past them because they are scared. There is a line of people wishing they had a job in these plants. When one spot opens 3500 people will apply in a 5 day period. I don't see how you think I'm a bully when I rarely post. As far as her fishing trip to Sea rim park the roads are still closed in Sabine pass.

TexasBred":ofjyedjx said:
JSCATTLE":ofjyedjx said:
cowgirl8":ofjyedjx said:
Lol

This from the board Richard. :lol2:
Those ugly plants are beautiful to us that live here,to most
they look and smell like money.
If you don't like the looks don't come down you won't be missed.

Caustic Burno":bzqsvdlo said:
TexasBred":bzqsvdlo said:
JSCATTLE":bzqsvdlo said:

This from the board Richard. :lol2:
Those ugly plants are beautiful to us that live here,to most
they look and smell like money.
If you don't like the looks don't come down you won't be missed.
You really think you're cute don't you CB.....Bright Raven nailed you the other day when he said you were a "FAKE".....boy was he right...You totally missed what the lady was saying. She wasn't complaining about the plants...only that some others might not enjoy them. She actually had a trip planned in spite of the plants. I wouldn't come down for any amount of money. The dam place stinks to high heaven regarless of what you think. The true armpit of Texas. Now you sir can go f u c k yourself. I'll go sit down by Hook and Dash in the room of rejects.

TB that's funny.
I seriously doubt you could have made the first week in one.
Be pretty rough on a bank teller.
That would be a good place for you to go.

Bye

greybeard said:
I and my family are among those you are referring to. I read it. Gave it all the consideration warranted.
I suggest, you stop driving hydrocarbon fueled cars, stop using any and all plastics, paints, gases, & fertilize.
Make a real difference in the world. None of us will be holding our breath for that to happen.[/quote]

Wow, really? Lobbing a personal attack? Kinda uncalled for. I'll edit that: highly uncalled-for.
TB is right. The level of bullying on this board has gone up. Guess it makes you feel like a big man.
Any of you notice how few women there are left on these boards? Wonder why...

boondocks":23mo8jhz said:
greybeard":23mo8jhz said:
Make a real difference in the world. None of us will be holding our breath for that to happen.[/quote]

Wow, really? Lobbing a personal attack? Kinda uncalled for. I'll edit that: highly uncalled-for.
TB is right. The level of bullying on this board has gone up. Guess it makes you feel like a big man.

No need to wonder, Inyati is as good reason as you'll find.

True Grit Farms":2hnr54dw said:
boondocks":2hnr54dw said:
greybeard":2hnr54dw said:

No need to wonder, Inyati is as good reason as you'll find.

Now there is a immoral deviant IMO
no matter what name is currently not banned under.

boondocks":3muv38ky said:
greybeard":3muv38ky said:

:bs: If you consider that a personal attack and bullying, you need some serious self assessment therapy.
I.E., Stop looking for ways to take offense...you're too old to be a snowflake.

When people call every comment they don't like "bullying" it degrades the definition of the word to the point that the real thing is no longer taken seriously.

And get off your high horse about the gender card, most of us aren't nearly so faint-hearted as to take offense at so innocuous a statement, especially since there was absolutely nothing in the comment related to gender. Go look for real misogyny elsewhere.

boondocks":2fvxc6wv said:
greybeard":2fvxc6wv said:

Gender has nothing to do with it. I would and have said the same thing to men both in person and in other internet discussions.
A stone was lobbed in my general direction..I just picked it up and sent it back in the direction it came from. There was until it floated away recently, a single sign at my gate. "The place the Exxon built". I built it off the returns from a lifetime of investing in that company.

Everyone in America wants cheap fuel, plastic, fertilize, paint and anything else that comes from hydrocarbons, but they are equally adamant that they be produced safely and usually, NIMBY. I used to see people all the time complain that some of their phones were too heavy..they demand light weight durable cases and displays. Let fuel prices spike and the first thing that happens it's "their/them/they's" fault because a plant or pipeline somewhere is shut down, but no one ever offers any kind of solution.

Gasoline and diesel prices go up, everyone complains. When the Bakken, Eagle Ford, Canadian oils sands, and Permian Basin put us into oil independence and crude and refined fuel prices went to new lows, not a sound. Crickets. The industry got no credit for it, just much reported protests over the pipelines need to bring that new oil to the refineries.
It's like the folks that make a lot of noise at protests "Save the trees! then drive their cars home on cheap fuel to their already built 2x4..2x6 plwood clad suburban homes. They already HAVE their house..they just don't want anyone else to get what they did. :roll:

Suburbanites and city folks move out into farmland and complain mightily about the smell of cow manure, and how beef & meat is processed but they eat them Big Macs, KFC, and Jimmy Dean sausage and guzzle down that milk like there's no tomorrow don't they?

A natural, unpreventable disaster comes along, and all of a sudden it's the petrochemical/hydrocarbon industry's fault.
It gets old.
I worked in the drilling end of that industry for nearly 15 years. My father worked in the refining end from the late 40s until he retired in the early 80s.
Caustic, JS, Brute, and several others here work or have worked in that industry and we all know how dangerous it is. Is it perfect? No, neither is farming/ranching, but it's as safe as can be made within 'reasonable' human responses, tho new and better ways are being found all the time.
CB will tell you, one of the biggest headaches in plants is outside contractors.
This is my nephew in the center. He and his family was evacuated by order when the Crosby plant lost power. He didn't complain. I'm pretty proud of what he does and what he's accomplished:

Latest posts