Checkoff

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake

Reaction score
I for one am tired of seeing checkoff advertising at industry functions and the only ads you see or hear in the media are a simple "Beef its what's for dinner."

If we are paying for these people to advance our product they need to be combating the preconceived notions that are being pushed by our enemies that are using sick cats and dogs to out fund raise us. The is a major opportunity to enlighten the public and change our industries perception but we waste money advertising to ourselves. :roll:

From my 12 yrs of experience on other (non-agriculture) internet boards, very very few people take vegans and groups like PETA seriously, but yes, beef checkoff could do better.

I say get rid of the check off and give my money to the Farm Bureau. At least I'll know then what they are doing with it, beside pay some government fat cat.

The Beef check off only applies to beef breeds. Dairies don't have to pay $2.00 a calf for the check off. And a substantial amount of dairy breeds are in feedlots across the country. Beef is beef and the type of calf shouldn't matter.

Latest posts