Checked in on the boys

Help Support CattleToday:

Don't look like they need feed now.
Yes the boss tends to overfeed. His go out a month sooner than mine so they will be put on a bit of a diet before they see cows. I'm not saying FA because he's feeding them as a bonus to me and I'm just happy not having them at home causing trouble. Last year I had to Lute my heifers when they broke some gates down to get to them.

Nice bulls! Bet they sire some scale breaking calves
Calves grow good I think but they haven't broke the scale at the Mart yet, lol. Calving now and by October can get a good portion of them into the 600's without any creep.

We've assisted one out of 60 births on our moderate (approx 1250lb) cows out of them so far this year. That cow was a fat pig because her calf died late and she was left open over the summer.

My Main selection criteria are:90ish lb or lower actual birthweight, - bw EPD, 50lb+ WW EPD (ideally), good feet, good actual weaning weight and of course I need to like the look of them. Almost exclusively a terminal cross for us.

Calves grow good I think but they haven't broke the scale at the Mart yet, lol. Calving now and by October can get a good portion of them into the 600's without any creep.

We've assisted one out of 60 births on our moderate (approx 1250lb) cows out of them so far this year. That cow was a fat pig because her calf died late and she was left open over the summer.

My Main selection criteria are:90ish lb or lower actual birthweight, - bw EPD, 50lb+ WW EPD (ideally), good feet, good actual weaning weight and of course I need to like the look of them. Almost exclusively a terminal cross for us.
Didn't have to feed my bulls this winter. Haven't seen them for a while. I think they wintered pretty good. Couple of mine and a couple more expensive ones.

View attachment 3958
If those are the boys I'd hate to see the men ! I like them !