Check out my bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't really think it much matters what any newb posts some expert will knock it for some reason or another. All of you that are so strong against this bull can I see some pics of your cattle?

Calhoun Farm":16d71i6l said:
I don't really think it much matters what any newb posts some expert will knock it for some reason or another. All of you that are so strong against this bull can I see some pics of your cattle?
that can be true at times, but not always the case... but if anything comes out of this.. my guess is your next bull ,wont be as easy to pick apart...and when you get on that side, you'll be able to look back and shake your head...

Calhoun Farm":2ew3vxhf said:
I would post pictures of my steer but I think he might hurt your bull's feelings so I decided not to post the pictures here.

Taurus":2f84imi6 said:
Calhoun Farm":2f84imi6 said:
I would post pictures of my steer but I think he might hurt your bull's feelings so I decided not to post the pictures here.

You're a piece of work man thats about the best way I can say it

It may be that some are pointing out possible shortcomings that they have already lost money on in the past.
Trying to save you the expense of lessons already learned.
Everybody started out somewhere.
I think that most here want you to do well. ( most )

ALACOWMAN":2t7xu7z5 said:
Calhoun Farm":2t7xu7z5 said:
that can be true at times, but not always the case... but if anything comes out of this.. my guess is your next bull ,wont be as easy to pick apart...and when you get on that side, you'll be able to look back and shake your head...

My orginal post on this thread was not meant to be against your Bull. I was trying to be honest and straight up. Like I said, I've bought some that worked out and some that I just couldn't find anything to like about them as they grew out.
Speaking of Bull pictures, look at the Bull below in BackBone Ranch's thread. I bought a Bull calf this spring and the M. G. Bull pictured would send mine to the back of the bus.

fitz

Calhoun Farm":1u2kxd3t said:

One from this year 5 months old. To be fair he is one of the top 3 this year

One of last years. At exactly 11 months of age 1250lbs

Last year's bull calf. Ended up cut him and sold him as steer.
photobucket-745-1347143039399.jpg

Her dam is a second calfer
photobucket-33337-1347142926362.jpg

Last year's steer calf....same sire to the bull calf above.
photobucket-1379-1349019517096.jpg

Different steer calf
photobucket-37972-1349019490357.jpg

None of them touch grain, only momma's milk and grass.

Some members on here have better bulls than my bulls. Perhaps you should checking out some threads about Murray Grey cattle, the members have great bulls! Backbone Ranch put me in shame. :oops:

Some members on here have better bulls than my bulls. Perhaps you should checking out some threads about Murray Grey cattle, the members have great bulls! Backbone Ranch put me in shame. :oops:[/quote] you'r sorta comparing apples to oranges....

3waycross":1dy6a9vi said:
Calhoun Farm":1dy6a9vi said:

Hybrid vigor is a wonderful thing.

ALACOWMAN":vr6c9br3 said:

Some members on here have better bulls than my bulls. Perhaps you should checking out some threads about Murray Grey cattle, the members have great bulls! Backbone Ranch put me in shame. :oops:
you'r sorta comparing apples to oranges....[/quote]Not really. My point is that they selected individuals that has a chance to become a potential herdsire that will give you calves that looks like him. A famous saying I often read on here: A bull is half the herd.

3waycross":bs0cpc4b said:
Calhoun Farm":bs0cpc4b said:

Those are some great looking bulls, very solid with plenty of muscle.

Taurus":7t4jhnkt said:
ALACOWMAN":7t4jhnkt said:

you'r sorta comparing apples to oranges....
Not really. My point is that they selected individuals that has a chance to become a potential herdsire that will give you calves that looks like him. A famous saying I often read on here: A bull is half the herd.[/quote] well my point is you'r commercial, and their registered... you would hope that registered breeders stock would be better than yours.. thats the purpose of the seedstock producer...are aleast why i seek them out for new bulls :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":28pyh7oa said:
Taurus":28pyh7oa said:
ALACOWMAN":28pyh7oa said:

you'r sorta comparing apples to oranges....
Not really. My point is that they selected individuals that has a chance to become a potential herdsire that will give you calves that looks like him. A famous saying I often read on here: A bull is half the herd.
well my point is you'r commercial, and their registered... you would hope that registered breeders stock would be better than yours.. thats the purpose of the seedstock producer...are aleast why i seek them out for new bulls :cowboy:[/quote] I think you misunderstood me, I do not say that a commercial bull is better than a registered bull anywhere in this thread. Us commercial folks need quality bulls too and we do not want feminine steers.

TennesseeTuxedo":27ti5hum said:
3waycross":27ti5hum said:
Calhoun Farm":27ti5hum said:

Hybrid vigor is a wonderful thing.

Did i miss the memo that said we were only supposed to post pictures of our purebred bulls. :lol2:

Latest posts