Check out her eyes !

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy of Texas

Reaction score
Had 2 more heifer calves yesterday. I didn't get to see them until today. I saw the first one and I first thought she was blind. But she can see just fine. They are almost clear ice blue.
P1130427.jpg

P1130456.jpg

I found the second one laying in some brush. I walked up just to take a picture. That crazy witch took off running. I followed her in the truck,just to take a picture. She did finally stop long enough...

P1130453.jpg

If I had any sense at all I would load her and sell her. She is very high strung and just a whole day old. Imagine what she will be like in 6 months.

Maybe she will figure out all the running and all is unneccessary and calm down with time. I could get a lot of money for that blue eyed beauty. Have a standing order from a lady who likes unique looking calves for her collection of lawn ornaments. The more unique the better.

TexLonghornRanch":122ejrcx said:
I have seen this before. Their eyes will change to brown over time.
Sure will...we had a Simm Cross heifer that had blue eyes just like her's but now they are "'normal"

Jogeephus":2y1ij5pd said:
Maybe she will figure out all the running and all is unneccessary and calm down with time. I could get a lot of money for that blue eyed beauty. Have a standing order from a lady who likes unique looking calves for her collection of lawn ornaments. The more unique the better.

you should send her my way... does she like unique looking adults too, or calves only? how about bulls?

Thanks all,these I've been waiting on. I will have 3 out of this one bull. I was going to sell him,because we thought he wasn't doing his job. Come to find out I got my dates wrong on him. He was to young.
This bull is not a overly big or any thing maybe 1000- 1100 lbs. He weighed 60 lbs when he was born. I have decided to keep him for a heifer bull. I like the size of these calves and the(first time) cows didn't have any problems.
I have had several with blue eyes. This heifer eyes are different,almost like white inside of them. I do know they are cool.
Beefy in my younger years I could keep up with a fire cracker :lol:

Nice calves Joy. I love my beefmasters, especially the color they bring to life. Unfortunately, though, I have to breed mine to the Angus plus bull, so that they'll all throw black calves. I may not like it, but black does sell better. So why not have some variety when making black?

those 2 calves are way to cute.if lil wildy is still wild at weaning.id send her to the sale.

cypressfarms":3tom6kxp said:
Nice calves Joy. I love my beefmasters, especially the color they bring to life. Unfortunately, though, I have to breed mine to the Angus plus bull, so that they'll all throw black calves. I may not like it, but black does sell better. So why not have some variety when making black?
I know I was talking to Rick the other night about getting a black bull. I hate to do it ,but what else can ya do.Altough,the other night at the sale. Rick even noticed that herefords were selling just as good as angus were. I don't know what was up with that. They were nice fat steers.
I'm sure I will ship her bigbull,if she doesn't settle. I'm to dog gone old to fight with her.

Joy,
I have a cow that was just as wild as yours as a young calf, her mother is a Peeler type Longhorn, big, beefy type but she is really skittish. You can't touch her. So I figured this calf would be just as skittish as her mama. She grew up to be probably the gentlest in the herd. I can go out in the pasture, the woods, wherever she is and just lay my hands on her, pet her. She's like a big dog. Your heifer may gentle down. Of course when we wean our calves we always put them in a corral and start giving them hay and grain. It doesn't take long for them to get used to the feed bucket and start following us around.

Latest posts