Check Off Dues

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Does everybody think we are getting our money's worth with the $1 a head checkoff?
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

No...as far as I can see it benefits the packer more than it benefits the rest of us. Yes the dollars go to say eat beef but that's all I ever see it say. Did you fill out the recent survey card?<br>
<br>

What does that mean: "getting our money's worth"? Do you really think you could have put that $1 or $300 you paid to the checkoff last year to better use than to increase the demand for your product? Demand for beef at least leveled out last year and, hopefully, we'll see demand start going up in the next few years as the convenience products hit the market. Some of those convenience products were partially financed with checkoff dollars. Research into the merits of beef in the diet is starting to show up, too. And much of that research was funded by the beef checkoff. I don't know about "everyone", but, yes, I think we're getting pretty good value for our money.<br>The packers have spent thousands of dollars on "food safety" issues in the last few years. That didn't come out of the beef checkoff funds, but if the consumer doesn't think our product is safe to eat, we're all in trouble!<br>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":30nda4pj said:
: Does everybody think we are getting our money's worth with the $1 a head checkoff?<p>Yes!! Is it perfect? Probably not, but neither <br>am I! Food safety is an issue that is in the <br>back of every mother's mind as she food shops for <br>her family! The media must create news to sell <br>their media! The checkoff funds are used in the <br>medias that these customers/consumers will use to <br>provide true facts about not only safety issues <br>but also the health issues that beef can <br>contribute to.<p>The checkoff aids in educating the consumer that<br>true livestock producers are concerned about the <br>welfare of their livestock! Animal Rights groups<br>just want the turn all animals loose and let them<br>fend for themselves!<p>These "Dues" as you call them are true investments<br>into the future of the beef industry. Watch the <br>media! If it's not Checkoff Funded it's negative!<p>If we didn't have the Checkoff today , based on the<br>negative media we couldn't give beef away in the <br>stores.<p>The pro Vote group has just indicated to do away <br>with the Checkoff! If it's defeated how do we as<br>individual producers protect our investment! Each<br>night the 6 o'clock news will have another antimeat<br>story with more lies than truth and who will answer<br>them with the truth! <p>Who or how do we take up the slack if we kill it!<br>
<br>

<br>: Does everybody think we are getting our money's worth with the $1 a head checkoff?<p>The $1/head is well worth it. It helps educate the public and gernerate beef demand. Anyone who is against it must not understand the we have to produce what the consumer wants and the consumer needs to know how safe, edible, and nutrional our product is. Besides, who else is going to do our advertising? This is one good way. Sure, it may need some amendments made to it, but it is a good start.<p><br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Latest posts