Cheapest head gate

Help Support CattleToday:

I love my Priefert. It's not hinged on the bottom like other scissors gates and there are no ratchet locks. I could never seem to find the right click for calves. Also, it can be opened with pressure against it when a cow goes down.

BF,

I have a Priefert squeeze chute and head hate and I LOVE it. I'm trying to save up some money to buy another head gate to put up where I wean calves at. That will save me from having to load them up and take them across the street every time I need to work one. Mine has the auto option on it but I never use it. If I buy another head gate it will be manual only. It's $300 dollars cheaper than the auto.

KW

The foremost scissor is pretty bullet proof and I believe cheaper than the preifert. Don't bother with the hd version, the standard one is all you'll ever need.

I have a Priefert that I bought last spring. It is great for me. I can catch a baby calf up to a horned cow or large bull with no adjustment needed. I use the side exit door to sort out calves to sell and cull cows. Very happy with the way it works.

I don't know who makes the best or lowest price Headgate, but I can tell you that Priefert has the best warranty of anything I have ever purchased. My headgate is an early eighties model and I noticed that the head locking/release was missing. I don't know how or where but I called Priefert to order the new part. The Priefert folks were nice as can be and told me that their Warranty would replace it. I was shocked, this headgate is thirty- five years old. The part arrived via UPS to my front door the next day.

kerley":13ya5nbk said:
I don't know who makes the best or lowest price Headgate, but I can tell you that Priefert has the best warranty of anything I have ever purchased. My headgate is an early eighties model and I noticed that the head locking/release was missing. I don't know how or where but I called Priefert to order the new part. The Priefert folks were nice as can be and told me that their Warranty would replace it. I was shocked, this headgate is thirty- five years old. The part arrived via UPS to my front door the next day.

That's customer service.

I stopped and looked at a squeeze chute this weekend. I won't say the name brand, but it was very cheaply made. The head gate was probably alright, but it wasn't a scissor catch. I can't imagine that this thing would give somebody very many years of service.

BF, Tarter makes a entry level chute for southern states for about 1600.00 to 1800.00 IIRC you can get either style headgate on it. They work and perform fine for a small to medium producer. They are not a rough stock chute but will last along time for most folks. I have worked cows with one before and they do fine.

Cabo":3inct49s said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

00J0J_4SHaFt2Crek_600x450.jpg

Latest posts