Cheap saws.

Help Support CattleToday:

OzssieDave19

Reaction score
Hi Guys. I just sold a big Stihl and bought a mid size Echo. Good I'm happy with that. But I have been watching some cheapest on Amazon, Chinese saw unboxings on You Tube. How do these cheaper saws stack up? Fair discount on them. These Baumar Ag seem popular in Oz. I must admit I am not fond of buying cheap. I prefer my quality. Maybe I am a snob? Lol

Attachments

• 21D10A8C-EC73-4B76-B45D-4E30020CCE64.jpeg
    21D10A8C-EC73-4B76-B45D-4E30020CCE64.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 3
Some of them are alright, I think you can run into casting flaws/finish problems on some of them.. You can get some knockoffs in kits that you assemble yourself, in which case you can find and correct problems on assembly. I guess they make good loaner saws!

You get what you pay for. They will run and can be used, parts are very limited and pretty much throwaways if much gets wrong with them. The kit saws with OEM parts added in some important places can be pretty nice, but you will have a lot in them when finished.

They never seem to be tuned right to start with, might be my altitude here. Little things like the nuts holding the bar on are only 2/3 the thickness with a proper chainsaw and you need a bottle of Loctite with them, other than that they are a ripper of a looking saw sitting up on the shelf. I think in China they have a little man that gets paid a bonus for every gram he can save them in steel.

Ken

They never seem to be tuned right to start with, might be my altitude here. Little things like the nuts holding the bar on are only 2/3 the thickness with a proper chainsaw and you need a bottle of Loctite with them, other than that they are a ripper of a looking saw sitting up on the shelf. I think in China they have a little man that gets paid a bonus for every gram he can save them in steel.

Ken
From my experience China makes good plastic as you may have to reshape it a little, but their metal can be inferior. They are getting better. I think as they get better the price will go up and make them less competitive. Their carburetors are pretty much luck of the draw, you can get one that works right and the next one throw it in the trash. IMO I would rather pay more and get quality, but they have sold that junk for years as people want a cheap price.

Latest posts