Cheap guidance system

Help Support CattleToday:

Something I wish we had, but the boss doesn't want to spring for it.

It's a real booger to do fertilizer accurately in a freshly cut hayfield, the baler often leaves the same tracks as the fertilizer wagon. Running the opposite direction that it is typically ran is usually rougher than heck.

In some fields I can pick a land mark in the headlands, like a telephone pole or fence post, but not all.

Something I wish we had, but the boss doesn't want to spring for it.

It's a real booger to do fertilizer accurately in a freshly cut hayfield, the baler often leaves the same tracks as the fertilizer wagon. Running the opposite direction that it is typically ran is usually rougher than heck.

In some fields I can pick a land mark in the headlands, like a telephone pole or fence post, but not all.
while not "cheap", it's cheaper than some alternative

there's also an open source project happening.. I can't remember the name offhand

Any new thoughts or suggestions on a guidance system that is entry level? I will spray pastures in 2022 and also could use a unit spreading litter and lime. I'd rather not use foam. Thanks.

tried field navigator app......couldnt get any directions ..........if anybody actually knows how to make this work i'd really like to know....thanks

Yeah, it took me a long time to figure Field Navigator out and there is no good video on it, but I really like it.

I guess I'll put together a how to video. ASAP. Unlike most of the apps I have, their customer service is really good. They do answer questions within 24 hours.

Last edited:

Latest posts