Cheap Gas in Mexico

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
I saw a TV news report that says gas in Tijuana is 2.50, and near 5.00 in San Diego. Lots of people going south to fill up.
Anyone close enough to the border to use this? Is Mexican gas still lower octane than US gas? I know that was the case in the 70's.

iowafarmer":1ojvqaoo said:
I heard of some guy that is keeping his dump truck business afloat by taking a tanker down and filling it up.

:?: How would he get that thru customs?

1982vett":3cgh8cgf said:
iowafarmer":3cgh8cgf said:
I heard of some guy that is keeping his dump truck business afloat by taking a tanker down and filling it up.

:?: How would he get that thru customs?

I have no clue but he had built a tank on a truck that held somewhere about 500 gallons i think.

Here's a link to an article on the cheap gas in Mexico. I couldn't figure out how they could be selling gas so cheap. Turns out the Mexican government is subsidizing the price. I also didn't realize that Mexico is a net exporter of oil.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB ... in_tff_top

Folks, we better wake up, quit the petty political fights, get busy drilling and exploring, start building nuclear plants to provide our electricity, build more refineries, and develop alternate forms of energy in the good old USA or things are going to get very ugly. Instead of fighting about what to do or not do, we better start doing everything we can to solve this problem.

I heard speculation on the radio yesterday about $8 a gallon for gas in four years and the impact that it would have on the way we live. I'm thinking about starting a moped dealership and a rickshaw taxi service. :)

yes all the trucks that haul loads to all the towns that border mexico.are buying a permitt to go accross the boarder an fill their riggs with fuel.i think the permitt cost like $100.but dont know how long it lasts.most riggs cost $3000 to fuel up now.in mexico they can fuel up for $1500.an they say buying the permitt an fueling up in mexico is worth their time.talked to a friend of mine that works for a guy.that spends $7000 a day every time he works an fuels his trucks up.

Heard this on the news the other day. I guess that perhaps this is a good reason for government not to support the price with tax $$$.

Just glad that it's someone from our country for a change that's getting a break.

I hope they've improved the quality of that mexican gas. last time I drove into Mexico the truck was clattering so bad and had so little power I didnt' know if we were going to get back to the Rio Grande or not.

Latest posts