Cheap fertilizer for grass hay

Help Support CattleToday:

JustSimmental

Reaction score
What if you could get 80 units of Nitrogen for $12 per acre-- would you be interested?

JS

JustSimmental":4xewur1j said:
What if you could get 80 units of Nitrogen for $12 per acre-- would you be interested?

JS

Is a unit one pound? That is $0.15/lb for N---a price not seen since the 60's. So, whatcha got for $0.15/lb.? I'm interested. Heck, everyone is interested.

all about what a unit is.... or it could be about "shipping and handling"...

john250":n5haiq0g said:
JustSimmental":n5haiq0g said:

JS

Is a unit one pound? That is $0.15/lb for N---a price not seen since the 60's. So, whatcha got for $0.15/lb.? I'm interested. Heck, everyone is interested.

Last visited: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:09 pm Looks like it was just a question....

Is it possible to obtain 80 to 100 units of free Nitrogen per acre for $12?

Absolutely

I don't want to be accused of advertising again so the answer is now ###. Let me know if you would like the answer spelled out or email me.

### can obtain their nitrogen (N) requirements through a symbiotic association with Rhizobium (and other related genera) bacteria. This biologically "fixed" N becomes available to post-season crops (like GRASS) through plant decomposition and recycling of N from animal wastes.

The use of ### is a key component of sustainable agriculture and reduces our dependence on fossil resources through their ability to symbiotically fix atmospheric nitrogen and:

a) produce high quality forage;
b) improve animal performance compared to grass monocultures;
c) enhance seasonal distribution of forage production to complement warm-season perennial grasses; and
d) reduce the risk of groundwater contamination when used as an alternative to nitrogen fertilizer.
Management and recommendations:

•Soil pH should be 6.0 to 6.5
•Graze or hay warm-season grasses to about two inch height before planting
•Disturb sod with light disking and plant 10 lbs/acre
### will provide grazing from March to June
•••••Will also provide about 100 lb nitrogen/acre that will be available to
warm-season grasses through nutrient cycling

Hope this helps..

JS

Well it is a free source of N for $12/acre, if you are one of the few left still dependent on grazing permanent pastures. Just trying to help

JS

Now only if i could keep the cows off long enough for it to grow!?
Its actually everywhere all over the place here, and I broadcast 25 lbs to boot.

I am always amazed at my city friends who work so hard to keep the clover out of their yard. Couple months of clover in the early spring months would solve their need for fertiler the rest of the year.

houstoncutter":3pavad42 said:
I am always amazed at my city friends who work so hard to keep the clover out of their yard. Couple months of clover in the early spring months would solve their need for fertiler the rest of the year.
that's true ,, and crabgrass my cattle will plow through you to get to some crabgrass