Cheap cow treats

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes they do!! I sooo miss the Hostess outlet store - and so do the girls. Ever tried bananas? I have about 5 that will fight for the peel every morning, total score if the bananas get too soft/brown & they get the whole thing.

Tips-n-Tricks: hide aspirin or Sustain boluses inside a hotdog bun, Twinkie, roll it in a piece of bread, etc.

TCRanch":94pcrouu said:
Yes they do!! I sooo miss the Hostess outlet store - and so do the girls. Ever tried bananas? I have about 5 that will fight for the peel every morning, total score if the bananas get too soft/brown & they get the whole thing.

Tips-n-Tricks: hide aspirin or Sustain boluses inside a hotdog bun, Twinkie, roll it in a piece of bread, etc.

Oh yea I haul over ripened produce from a produce plant they love bananas as well as lettuce. Yep that's definitely a good tip and trick they fall for it every time.

wacocowboy":2an113h3 said:
:lol2: Are those cow treats or Sky treats?
You can bet your a$$ big Sky gets his share several times a day. Gotta have something to keep that cheese moving through his body. :lol2: :lol2:

I have a neighbor that feeds that stuff to his goats, hogs, sheep, etc.. Bread wrappers endlessly blowing over on my side of the road, hanging from tree limbs, etc.

My father used to buy full racks of bread and other bakery stuff from the Mrs. Bairds outlet (day old bread store we called it) a pickup truck load at a time to feed to the cows and his horses. It was a pita getting it all unwrapped. He complained that the horses wouldn't eat tortillas and refused racks that had any in them. Everything tho, really liked the whole grain bread and hot dog buns.

He'd try to store some of it in paper 55 gal drums with tight fitting lids. Turned into a nasty smelling, maggot filled mess if left too long and my brother had the unenviable task of dumping and burying that crap. Smelled like rotten beer. I bet you didn't know that bread had a liquid state did ya?

greybeard":ps1db2gv said:
My father used to buy full racks of bread and other bakery stuff from the Mrs. Bairds outlet (day old bread store we called it) a pickup truck load at a time to feed to the cows and his horses. It was a pita getting it all unwrapped. He complained that the horses wouldn't eat tortillas and refused racks that had any in them. Everything tho, really liked the whole grain bread and hot dog buns.

He'd try to store some of it in paper 55 gal drums with tight fitting lids. Turned into a nasty smelling, maggot filled mess if left too long and my brother had the unenviable task of dumping and burying that crap. Smelled like rotten beer. I bet you didn't know that bread had a liquid state did ya?

No, I definitely did not know that! Soooo gross! But I learned something new today.

There was an outfit from Portland that sold this stuff finely ground by the truck load. I saw it at one farm and asked what the colored spots were. The answer was the wrappers. They ground it wrapper and all. The pieces were smaller than the end of a pencil. The guy feeding it said they were small enough to just pass through and he had never had a problem. The only problem I saw was that he fed it free choice and those steers had a mighty thick fat layer.

Latest posts