charolais

Help Support CattleToday:

gabbyellepaige

Reaction score
123fdo.jpg

456qn.jpg

11233325.jpg

45658.jpg

okk in the first picture she is not set up perfectly, and in the rear view her legs aren't straight
they're off set so thats why her legs look a little funny.
but overall what do you think?
i know she looks skinny, she was like 200lbs underweight when i got her from the breeder
so ive been trying to beef her up.
but if she beefs up i think ill have a good chance at winning, somthing.
we are going to Texarkana next week so wish us luck.
pc ms pinkie pie<3333

3waycross":3vaxdfnz said:
Gabby she looks better every time you post her. Keep up the good work.
thank you, i feel like people would get annoyed since i always post so much stuff on her.
but i work with her so much, and i want her to do well!
i want everyones opinions.

A sincere congratulations gabby! I know I've been pretty hard on her each time you've posted, saying she is skinny and needs more feed etc, but this picture TRULY shows the significant amount of improvement you have made :) you have a good heifer there and she just needs the condition on her to show to her full potential. Keep pouring the feed into her, keep her growing, and hopefully she will get a bit more of a show shine on her. She might be a little green for showing next week but she will just continue to improve as she grows. Good luck at the show!

-sim.-ang.king
thank you, i hope so:)
aussie_cowgirl
-she's gotten much better,
calf calm=best friend!!
-keren
thank you so much, ive been feeding the snot out of her.
she's gained 40lbs in the past week:)
what do you mean when you say:
"might be a little green for showing next week."
-show steer up
thank you so much, this will be my first heifer show im extremely excited and nervous!!

Don't be nervous just use that cattle calm and if see starts to walk a little fast just pull back on the lead and place the middle of the show stick on her nose.
And don't be worried if she jumps a little just hang on and try to keep calm and you'll do fine. :D

sim.-ang.king":2rp5se6l said:
Don't be nervous just use that cattle calm and if see starts to walk a little fast just pull back on the lead and place the middle of the show stick on her nose.
And don't be worried if she jumps a little just hang on and try to keep calm and you'll do fine. :D
thanks for the advice, i try my best to keep her calm, but when she flips out
she's taller than me, fatter, and stronger(only by a little) than me.
thats like my fear that she'll flip out during show and get away from me, and she wont let anyone near her but me.
and she kicks and headbutts and can be a real meanie D:

My best advise for that is if she starts to run find something to tie to and hang on.
But don't worry you acting worried can make them worse so stay calm so take some of that cattle calm :lol:

sim.-ang.king":nao2ick5 said:
My best advise for that is if she starts to run find something to tie to and hang on.
But don't worry you acting worried can make them worse so stay calm so take some of that cattle calm :lol:
haha im tempted to give her the whole tube!!
but i dont want her falling asleep in the ring:)
how long do shows usually last for just one class?

She looks like she is headed in the right direction; keep feeding her and I thank you will like the results.
Try tying her head at a more natural position, it will only make her look better in your pictures or better yet try to take pictures when she is loose it takes time but a good natural picture but helps see the animal better.
Keep up the good work and good luck

Jr take a little longer because the judge knows these are kids and wants everyone to get a good chance to show their cattle.

Dang Abby!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Keep it up.... I was worried when you first posted pics of her and told us of her attitude... You have done well and will do well... Be proud of what you have done with this heifer...