Charolais

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a couple Questions first of all I have a 2 yr old Charolais possibly pregnant I was wandering how compatible she would be for milking and is she a docile gentle cow? If we were able to milk her how much would she produce? What is the possiblity for us to get her people oriented and be able to milk her?

[email protected]

You are the one that will have to answer the questions is she a docile gentle cow. Nearly any cow can be trained for milking, some just take more patience then others. As to quantity of milk, each cow even within a breed are variable. Will you milk her and then feed her calf, keep her seperated from her calf, milk her out some then let the calf finish her up? Charolais aren't noted for milk production, but given the size of calf they raise you should be able to get enough for a small family. Bear in mind, if your milking her she will be producing at her peak production for probably longer then she would if she was nursing a calf and she'll need grain or some supplement.

dunmovin farms

> I have a couple Questions first of
> all I have a 2 yr old Charolais
> possibly pregnant I was wandering
> how compatible she would be for
> milking and is she a docile gentle
> cow? If we were able to milk her
> how much would she produce? What
> is the possiblity for us to get
> her people oriented and be able to
> milk her?

Charolais use to be a docile bred, you will be able to milk her but remember that Charolais are not good milkers is mostly a beef cattle.
> I have a couple Questions first of
> all I have a 2 yr old Charolais
> possibly pregnant I was wandering
> how compatible she would be for
> milking and is she a docile gentle
> cow? If we were able to milk her
> how much would she produce? What
> is the possiblity for us to get
> her people oriented and be able to
> milk her?

[email protected]

Latest posts