Charolais People

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey, I dont care how big they are or what. All I wanted to know is why they were going out, and thanks for the info cowboy13.

cowboy13":2l84stmt said:
You are hilarious.??? I just get mad at big breeders who tak business away from smaller breeders.
CB13 - I am just curious. In what ways do you feel that the "Big" breeders 'take' business away from smaller breeders? Do they 'sneak around' and undercut smaller breeder's prices for their stock? Or - do they offer more 'incentives'? I just wonder, for example, how do Chevrolet Dealers take business away from Ford Dealers? - - or - - vice versa? - - or even Dodge Dealers? How about - - McDonald's and Burger King??? - - or - - United Air Lines and Delta Air Lines??? They are both in bankruptcy - aren't they?? Let's take Tiger Woods and Lee Trevino for instance. They are both very well known - they both play very good Golf - - BUT - Tiger Woods does a better job in his BUSINESS! I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

DOC HARRIS

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1kwax6ml said:
Doc Harris------- Competing with a "Big Breeder" would be like you or I competing in a game of golf with Tiger Woods.
-MPR - If we had the same "clubs" (tools) - vis-a-vis "Breeding Stock" and experience - "EPD's and Production Records" - I think we could compete very favorably! :D Even Tiger Woods 'misses the cut' occasionally :shock: and has to go back to a Coach and get re-educated and re-enthused to enable him to re-direct his efforts. ;-) Beef breeders have to stay focused on their BUSINESS! Nothing's easy :help:

DOC HARRIS

I think it is EASIER to compete with a big breeder now that it was pre-AI. A herd of 20 can actually have the SAME herd sires as many of the big breeders. There used to be a clean dileneation between ELITE breeders and the multipliers. Now everybody who takes their business serious and makes an effort to get the best genetics can produce ~equal animals to last year's national champions. That has NOT always been possible in this business. Granted somebody who has the numbers to pay for advertising PROBABLY is going to still get more per head than a guy who sells 10 females and two dozen bulls or less a year; but everybody with 50 Reg Cows SHOULD have a website (very cheap to do) that they can use to put their name out there.

Latest posts