DSC_0472.JPG

DSC_0466.JPG

Three Trees Wind 0383 bull calf born in mid May
DSC_0461.JPG

CJC Mr President T122 bull calf born in mid May
DSC_0456.JPG

CJC Illusion N111 heifer calf born in mid May

These were taken in early September...

nice looking Char calves, like that TTW bull calf best. I need to get some Charolais semen soon and jw have you used 3 trees wind very much? and pleased with most?

buckeye":1558ixhr said:
I need to get some Charolais semen soon and jw have you used 3 trees wind very much?

I haven't used him as much as I should. His semen has gone up to $50, so I won't be buying any more. Just using what I have.

I have been using the Reality bull.. Very easy calving and great growth with lots of style and thickness...

The President bull actually looks better in person than the wind bull does.. Just not good pics...

xbred":1558ixhr said:

thanks xbred...

Deen,
What is your opinion of the NC Field Rep bull that Nipp's is using? What little I seen of the calves look good.

VLS_GUY":1xb1afxv said:
What is your opinion of the NC Field Rep bull that Nipp's is using? What little I seen of the calves look good.

The Field Rep calves are good... His heifers are the best... Bulls are good as long as they come from good cows.. If you get a bull out of an average cow, you will get an average bull...

Did preg checks yesterday.....heat has taken a toll I guess. Two were open that I used my most expensive semen on. :( Bummer, weird thing is they have shown NO heats.
Don't know how I got this posted here :? :oops: tried to delete it but only lets me edit....so, sorry about that!
Great looking Charolais!

wow, cody great looking calves.
i really like that Three Trees Wind 0383 bull calf, he is a looker:)

Good morning. Nice cows. What is that " weed" that the President calf is standing in? The stuff is everywhere on my buddies place but no one seems to know what it is or how to get rid of it. Thanks in advance.

Kingfisher":2vh52bz7 said:
Good morning. Nice cows. What is that " weed" that the President calf is standing in? The stuff is everywhere on my buddies place but no one seems to know what it is or how to get rid of it. Thanks in advance.
King..looks like it could be immature or stunted broomweed. A real nuisance and good for nothing. Those calves are pretty darn classy. :clap:

King..looks like it could be immature or stunted broomweed. A real nuisance and good for nothing.
I almost agree except some of the " pastures " I see it in if it wasn't there I think the dirt would blow away.
I don't think a goat will eat this weed.......its too bad cuz there seems to be plenty of it!

TexasBred":1oi1k8yx said:
Kingfisher wrote:Good morning. Nice cows. What is that " weed" that the President calf is standing in? The stuff is everywhere on my buddies place but no one seems to know what it is or how to get rid of it. Thanks in advance.

King..looks like it could be immature or stunted broomweed. A real nuisance and good for nothing. Those calves are pretty darn classy. :clap:

Most of the weeds are stunted Ragweed... The ones with the little yellow flowers are broomweed... I usually shred it before it heads out and drops it seeds... Just didn't get to it this year...

Thanks for posting Char pics. I have read this site for years but have never posted(not good at computers). I like the Charolais breed and dont see much about them here. Your calves look great, I would like to see some of your mama cows sometime. I have always used natural service but am talking with a friend that AI regularly for years. Thinking about EC No Doubt on some heifers as a trial run. Ever used him or have any suggestions,( I need high ced/ low bw)? My friend is willing to do it but says his success rate is about 65% so I dont want to buy anything to expensive right away. Thanks again

126.jpg

#17 Cigar cow with a Wyoming Wind bull at 10 days old

315.jpg

Recip and #2 cow

220.jpg

#14 Illusion heifer bred to Grid Maker due Jan 1

410.jpg

President x JC Maggie bull at 5 days with a Budsmydad cow on right and Full Deck cow on left

58.jpg

another pic of my President bull calf

These are a few of the cows... Had these pics on the camera and just downloaded them... I will try to get more soon

Thank you for these pics! I like the cigar and the budsmydad cows the best, there my kind. I keep hearing this 1000lb cow noise but i like my cows a little larger. I like to see the pictures, aint to much about the arguments. Looks like you got some fine cattle. Thanks

Great to see some good char cow pics on here. Beautiful cows, they mostly look polled too. Congratulations on them and thanks for posting.

Latest posts