Charolais bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

So long hank.....
Off to his new home he went.
Weighed 1200

Decided I don't want the odd silver calf.
He went to join his brother with 80 crazy open texas brangus cows. Good luck buddy!

Still waiting on a few calves from ol Hank.
My brahma is starting to make a lil milk and appears to be springing. My black heifer is showing no signs yet. When we pregged, she should be due anytime. Heifers... lol

Did you ever find the calf, Murray?
Ain't found it yet. I've walked that place til I was walking in circles. Lol
Soooo many places to hide. Honestly I'm starting to worry a bit. But her bag was nursed down some yesterday. So hopefully I worry for nothing. Was about 2 weeks last time b4 I ever saw her calf...

Ain't found it yet. I've walked that place til I was walking in circles. Lol
Soooo many places to hide. Honestly I'm starting to worry a bit. But her bag was nursed down some yesterday. So hopefully I worry for nothing. Was about 2 weeks last time b4 I ever saw her calf...
How about today? She had a Charolais calf, right?

Shes nursed down quite a bit this evening. Shes either got a calf somewhere or the coyotes been nursing on her...
Will be out of that charolais bull. I kind of expect so see a white calf. Her last one was black with some of her markings on his underside, not a lot. Hes actually with my home cows.
I know one thing, if she dont present a calf pretty soon, I'm gonna go nutz!

Edit to add...
I'm of a mind to sell her after this calf. But shes running with my hereford now. That should make an interesting calf as well.

Last edited:
How big a pasture is she in?
Hehe. The worst 44 acres imaginable!
Trees trees trees...
The creek divides it basically in half. There is not a flat spot really. Your either walking uphill or downhill. The far side is very brushy. No way to get in there except by foot.
In short, about 500 million hiding places. Kinda gotta just get lucky if your searching for a calf only.

Took my hound with me today.
My moo is perfected.

Pretty sure, for whatever reason, she lost it or hides her emotion well. Never even acted like she had a calf hidden somewhere. Just went to eating hay like nothing was the matter. Be nice if I could find some clues over there somewhere, but theres just no way to cover every hidey hole.

Seems like a real bummer. Her bag is bigger than 3 days ago. But not huge. Sure makes me want to keep up hope.

Got one more that will be bred to that charolais bull over there. And she is springing heavy!
Got a heifer here at home. She ain't even close. At least not showing any signs.

Edit add
The brahma will be growing wheels in a couple months if she dont show up with a calf.

I really need to get a picture of that cow over there. Shes a bmf. This will be her 2nd. She raised a great calf last year. Not as pretty as the heifer I lost, but a pretty nice gal.

Last edited:
Here we go...
Had to load him up. Mamas teats are huge!!
I watched him for a good half an hour today not get em in his mouth. Teats are muddy and dry. I hope I've done the right thing here. Hes penned here at home til tmrw for sure. I'm thinking I'll catch mama and milk her in the chute in an effort to reduce teat size. Hated to steal him for now, but it beats a dead calf all to he77....
20210130_150530.jpg
20210130_155221.jpg20210130_133701.jpg20210130_135801.jpg

Latest posts