Charolais bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

I can guarantee you if this one starts that crap, he will be gone like yesterday!
I like his temperament/disposition.
And he stayed in the crappy fence at my lease place.
Just waiting to see calves.....

Got a heifer went to lay down and calve somewhere.
Walked all over trying to find her. Could be bred to this bull or my bwf.

I'll post pics good or bad when I find her. Hope for the best.

Its that good looking black baldy too. Hope shes just being a good mama.

Brute 23 said:
A neighbor that borders one of our places just got a new Char bull. It took him 4 days to tear down a 2 year old fence between us last week. Gave us the old... but I just payed x amount for him. :bang: He's probably going to commit suicide next time after he tears the fence down again.

I've been gauging some wells a few days a week. This bull kind of works his way up and down a county road I have several wells on. His favorite spots is the green grass in these peoples yard but he also likes a low spot where the ditch is real wide and the grass is always green. I see him out and about 3-4 times a week just doing his deal... living the Char life.
He may be protesting something and needs to tear up a little fence to make his point. Might have been oppressed in the past or heard about some cows that were. :hide:

Brute 23 said:
Just some Char calves keeping their heritage alive off the side of a county road.

:banana: :banana: you should really fix your fence brute :banana: :banana:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

That lil silver calf my char cow had, a fence dont mean nothing! Lol. But hes only a week old...

MurraysMutts said:
Brute 23 said:
Just some Char calves keeping their heritage alive off the side of a county road.

:banana: :banana: you should really fix your fence brute :banana: :banana:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

That lil silver calf my char cow had, a fence dont mean nothing! Lol. But hes only a week old...

None of these pics are our cattle. These are our neighbors around one our more northern places. Its strong german, polak, kolache country. They love their Char cattle... no matter what.

If in ain't a Char out it's a donkey. :bang:

Bunch of jackasses.... lol

The gal I got this char bull from, weaned several at a neighbors. Somehow or another. One escaped. Ended up back at her place right back on mama! So not only thru one fence, a mile down the road. And back thru another....

He became a steer.
Actually he was on the bus to the butcher with the last one we had done.

Brute 23 said:
We have lots of cattle of every color of the rainbow that graze along the county roads. Horses too. We refer to it as road side vegetation management.

Brute 23 said:
Hes back out enjoying some green grass in this cool weather.

Haha! Hope he dont decide that plumbing is the enemy!

As a side note, I dont even know if hes done me any good. The ones the vet called 5+ have already calved. And they ain't outta him!
The calves were definitely out of the bull that the same vet said probly wouldnt breed em all.

I've got one heifer that isnt showing any sign of being heavy bred. (Called 5 months) But if she calves later than October I think, she will be bred to him.

I raise what I like, not what sells for the most. I love me some tan/yellowhammer Gelbvieh and deep dark red Beefmaster. I keep a few Charolais snowballs around too. They make excellent lead cows.

Oooo. I've always wanted a dark dark red beefmaster. I do love the look of a good beefmaster bull.
I think I've developed a strong liking to my hereford bull too tho.
Waiting on more calves so I can make an informed decision. I may actually sell my charolais and my brangus, and rotate my hereford between my small herds.

Since we are on the subject of what color cattle we like, I've always really liked that dark red color of Santa Gertrudis cattle.

Latest posts