Charolais bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

OP
MurraysMutts

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
Well.
It may not be over for Hank yet.
The one heifer I've been waiting on is bagging up and starting to spring. Could be Hanks, or Big Sexy's. Either way, itll be obvious when it happens....

I think shes at least a week or 2 away yet

OP
MurraysMutts

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
Cant tell what color the calf is yet.....
It's either Hanks or Big Sexy's
I'll update soon...
O! This is the heifer I suspect slipped her calf last august. If she slipped a calf is she still a heifer?? 🤔
Hank was here at home briefly with Big Sexy
20210603_200904.jpg

Ky hills

Reaction score
@Ky hills
Did that pretty lil gal have a calf yet?
View attachment 4844
She did and it was quite an event. I usually have our heifers pelvic measured before breeding and cull out any below 150 cm. Well just had five fall heifers to turn out and all but that one were raised here and ours have almost always exceeded that number and figured that since she had some Brahman in her that she would be ok too. Round about December on a cold Sunday night she decided to calve. I knew she was going to have trouble because they were bred to a heifer bull that wasn’t, we had already pulled two large calves from others. Got her in the chute and found that she was so narrow could not much more than get a hand in. Took a long time to get chains in even though the feet were coming right. Then when saw the size of the feet I didn’t think that we could get it on through. I felt so bad for this poor heifer she was such a calm easy going animal I hate like heck to see them suffer. Called a vet but didn’t get a hold of any right away. I’m the mean time she went down and then could see a nose. We figured that maybe by it being that far it might come on and we had to do something. So it was an awful hard pull and not a good situation with her down in the chute but finally got the calf out and could not believe that it was still alive. Then figured the cow was down but she got up fairly soon after but didn’t look too promising. She claimed her calf but didn’t eat much for a couple days which worried us. By about the 4th day the pair was doing well enough to go out. We recently weaned her steer calf and sadly sold her as did not want to go through another calving with her.

OP
MurraysMutts

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
Pretty much the end of the story here, unless I hear something from the folks who bought him.
Dont have anything else that could possibly be bred to Hank aside from Seven, my bottle heifer.

I got 1 live healthy calf from him. My one nut wonder bull did a bang up job instead! Not as exciting an outcome as I was hoping for.
SMDH....

THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ALONG GUYS N GALS!

Latest posts