Charolais Bloodlines

Help Support CattleToday:

It all depends on what your looking for. Materal, terminal sires,
If you already have charolais cows it seems to me that you would want to mate bulls with cows to improve quaility of thier off-spring. Just a thought

There are a wide arrange of bloodlines in the charolais breed, Maternal, Performance, & Carcass. In my opinion the charolais breed is caught between performance and Maternal cattle. The Carcass side of charolais is above average in grade and Yield, on average.

In my opinion go and look for a bull that has a strong Maternal Grandsire with outstanding Carcass numbers. I truely believe that Marbling traits come from the MGS. On the Top side find a bull that will add performance and maternal traits.

A few bloodlines that I am liking now are the Cigar x Wyoming Wind, thick calves, easy calving, good udders, strong maternal traits. Then you have to include 761 genetics, Duke 914, Gain & Grade 927 crossed on Cigar Genetics, Performance and maternal all put together. Got to say i have been interested in working with some RIO BRAVO & American Grade Genetics, outstanding Carcass traits, Amazing numbers both in personal performance and EPD's.

Latest posts