Charolais/Black Angus Cross

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeanne - Simme Valley":12m9ril5 said:
I never go to a local sale barn, so I don't know how bad it is right now. I don't think a lot has changed tho. Others can address that.

I was at the sale barn Monday.....an absolutely horrible offering. I didn't even like the goats that were there. Of course it was late March, folks were out of hay and they shipped every animal apparently that they got tired of looking at or who had broken down over the winter. I didn't stick around for the sale to begin.

Brandonm22":1642a46h said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1642a46h said:
I never go to a local sale barn, so I don't know how bad it is right now. I don't think a lot has changed tho. Others can address that.

I was at the sale barn Monday.....an absolutely horrible offering. I didn't even like the goats that were there. Of course it was late March, folks were out of hay and they shipped every animal apparently that they got tired of looking at or who had broken down over the winter. I didn't stick around for the sale to begin.
i never like the goats period they smell like feet & ass, plus they hold up the sale
:cowboy:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":2bnniyt9 said:
Looks like a black white faced cow in the background. I would suspect the "purebred" angus cows are Hereford/Angus crosses. These calves inherited the RED gene from dam. Yes, you can expect a "purebred" Angus to throw a red gene "occasionally" but unusual to have two in a row.

It's funny! all the good and informative posts on this thread. Then Gene-e the self proclaimed CT expert on genes can only come up with this. :frowns:
If this was on coffee shop or everything else or even I'm new here it forums, would have been just a silly joke. :lol: It's got to be THE DUMBEST remark ever on the breeds forum. :roll:
Gene-e, Normally seasoned folks have learned to "warm up the brain before engaging the mouth"

Your other brilliant quote "rat tails are the same as other cattle"
A standard line when trying to move one of your critters. I suspect! :cry2:

Normally seasoned folks have learned to "warm up the brain before engaging the mouth
Yes, you would think you would learn by now. Funny thing is that you keep going back to the first page on this 6 page thread. Can't come up with anything intelligent to say?
Since you keep repeating yourself - I will too - you are only making a fool of yourself. I stand by my statement - - that you keep posting over & over - thanks.
Can't you SEE that absolutely noone in 6 pages has jumped in on "bash Gene - e" for her
(mnm said:)
THE DUMBEST remark ever on the breeds forum.
Hmmm - must not be so dumb. I stand by what I said, you HAVE a BWF in the background - everyone has seen her - in the 2nd picture clear back in the beginning.
This was my 2nd explaination of the BWF:
Jeanne said:
Noone is saying your cows aren't black or aren't Registered Black Angus. What we (I) am saying is that the dam has to be carrying a RED gene. Since you have a BWF cow in the 2nd picture, I commented that the dams might be AngXHfd (kinda a logical assumption) (or Ang X Hfd X Ang = solid black). Or, I suggested that if they are Registered Angus, that they were carrying a red gene. I asked if the two dams were related, because it would be logical that they inherited the red gene from the same source (sire?). No matter what the dam is - she HAS to be carrying the red gene.
That's about as clear as it can get - but you can't accept FACTS. Everytime you come back with a more riduculous remark, just gives me another chance to point out your lack of knowledge and your lack of WANTING TO LEARN:
mnm said:
I have not taken the time to study this "red gene, black gene, black factored, heterozygous, diluted, etc.
Don't need to.
Ready to quit this foolishness???

HerefordSire":26v2fypi said:
mnmtranching":26v2fypi said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":26v2fypi said:
Looks like a black white faced cow in the background. I would suspect the "purebred" angus cows are Hereford/Angus crosses. These calves inherited the RED gene from dam. Yes, you can expect a "purebred" Angus to throw a red gene "occasionally" but unusual to have two in a row.

This is really a dumb azz statement. :roll: There is NO Hereford in purebred Angus :roll: Notice the BW cow has a black calf? Some people have more then one bull and more then one pasture and know the breeding of their cattle. Hard to figure? I suppose if my dog were in the picture you would think "AHH CANINE INFLUENCE"
I posted the pics to show color variations of F1 Char Angus cross, didn't say they are all tan, I'm saying about 25 %> Most are smokie. Every Charolias bull I've had has thrown some light tan calves. So what? I don't need some smart azz telling me about "red genes". What you don't know you obviously make up. Stick to your back yard Simmentals. Hey! do you know why simmies are so very VERY! unpopular? and have no place in the cattle industry.

:shock: I would suspect the "purebred" angus cows are Hereford/Angus crosses :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: I would suspect the "purebred" angus cows are Hereford/Angus crosses :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ah, yes, Herefordsire - surely you undersand what I meant. When I put "purebred" in quotes, it was because I was mocking his terminoligy. Since he takes BWF cows and breeds them to purebred Angus bulls, I suspect he has a number of pure black cows that are A X H X A - wouldn't you? Just like the solid black calf he has in the background with it's BWF dam.
The term "purebred" can be used pretty loosely describing a solid black cow. Remember, he didn't say REGISTERED - and he later said they weren't registered. Which I acknowledged, and again explained that they had to be PUREBRED Angus cows carrying the red gene. Pretty simple. Nothing to get in a tiff about.

HerefordSire":1t8ng1u0 said:
There is NO Hereford in purebred Angus

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Correct - there is no Hereford in Purebred Angus - IF, and only IF, they are truly PUREBRED! and not crossbred like the rest of his herd. And, crossbreeding is absolutely the best program fro commercial breeders. I totally agree with that management - I'll drink to that :lol:

P1000575.jpg

Guess what town I'm in.

Van, that was last week! :lol2: Edit to say that upon further consideration, I'm gonna give it to you Van since I'm closer to Eastman than Higgston at this moment. Congrats! :D

ga. prime":1aae775b said:
Van, that was last week! :lol2: Edit to say that upon further consideration, I'm gonna give it to you Van since I'm closer to Eastman than Higgston at this moment. Congrats! :D

Thanks. I guess I have a gift for these things. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.