• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Charley Pride Dies of COVID-19

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
He was on TV just a week or so ago, performed, appeared the perfect picture of health.... no way it was Covid though, had to be something else. Guess his heart just quit beating.
My brother was just fine last Wednesday and was dead Thursday. That’s kinda of the way it goes.
Lost three siblings before Covid, if they would have only of known they were supposed to wait for Covid.
Nobody gets out alive.

Dave

Reaction score
The best way to go is out like a light bulb.
The best way to go is to be 100 years old and get shot in the back of the head by a 21 year old jealous husband while with his 20 year old redheaded wife. Big gun. Bang! lights out.

I will probably get gut shot next week and left to kick myself to death. And it will be a case of mistaken identity.

ismith

Reaction score
One of my VOAG teachers in high school played college baseball with him. He has been gone for many years now.

herofan

Reaction score
I really liked him. I saw him in concert several years ago; he had many great songs and was a great performer.

It’s sad when it’s mentioned that someone passed from Covid, and it’s another opportunity for a few witty comments to downplay it.

Last edited:

sstterry

Reaction score
One of my VOAG teachers in high school played college baseball with him. He has been gone for many years now.
That was probably the minor leagues, I don't think Pride went to college. But he did play for several minor league teams in your area.

Edit: I just found that he played for the "East Helena Smelterites". Catchy name.

Last edited:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Yo
My brother was just fine last Wednesday and was dead Thursday. That’s kinda of the way it goes.
Lost three siblings before Covid, if they would have only of known they were supposed to wait for Covid.
Nobody gets out alive.
Youre dam near as dumb as you are ugly.

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
And to you nobody dies with covid. It’s always something else. But I forget......you are wise.
And to you nobody dies with covid. It’s always something else. But I forget......you are wise.
When he was born life expectancy wasn’t 65 when he died it was 75 he died at 86. Looks to me he won the lottery.
The leading cause of death in Medicare age group is heart disease, cancer and pneumonia not Covid.
Old people were dying of those ailments before Covid and will continue to do so.

Reactions: Bez

Latest posts