characteristics

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
What are some of the most important characteristics you look for in people you call your friends?

GMN

Honesty.Can't tolerate a liar so if someone is I don't even try to be friends with them.

Upfront and honest.
I will also get Ideas of what kind of man or woman they are by the way they treat their spouce and children.

Cal

CKC1586":1255aall said:
GMN":1255aall said:
What are some of the most important characteristics you look for in people you call your friends?

GMN
Honesty, loyalty and a sense of humor.

Yes, and to go along with those, it's always a good idea to share some common interests.

Do not want friends they take up too much time doing what they want to do and most of the time it is not productive or important. Do not need 6 friends after death now. A good neighbor is priceless.

GMN":202o3u98 said:

GMN

Honesty, integrity, a sense of who they are and what they stand for/belive in, an ability to poke fun at themselves, the strength to stand up for what they believe to be right even when they are standing alone, and the knowledge that anything I might tell them in a weak/angry moment will not be repeated to anyone else - under any circumstances.

msscamp":5nl0d32l said:
GMN":5nl0d32l said:

GMN

Honesty, integrity, a sense of who they are and what they stand for/belive in, an ability to poke fun at themselves, the strength to stand up for what they believe to be right even when they are standing alone, and the knowledge that anything I might tell them in a weak/angry moment will not be repeated to anyone else - under any circumstances.

That about sums it up for me too. Might explain why I have so few close friends.

VanC":nn3ba9vb said:
CKC1586":nn3ba9vb said:
GMN":nn3ba9vb said:

GMN
Honesty, loyalty and a sense of humor.

Yes, and to go along with those, it's always a good idea to share some common interests.
Oh yes, for sure. Gotta be able to have something to talk about over a chilly beverage! :nod:

Someone who has a normal life. And by that I mean someone who is not always in crisis mode or whose life is in constant turmoil over things that they choose not to ignore. I know two people who are so involved in the lives of others that they can't take care of the mess they have at home. Or their home life is so messed up, they choose not to do anything about it and it impacts every other aspect of their lives from their job to their personal finances.

You know what I am talking about. Crisis junkies. People who can't seem to thrive unless there is constant crisis in their lives. Drags me down. I try to keep my personal and professional lives seperate. I also try to sort out the small stuff and not allow it to enlarge into something that will eat me alive.

Lots of folks like that out there. I don't need it.

I will have to agree with what everyone else has said already. If a person is a real friend to you. You don't have to ask for help. They just show up and help. No matter what.
My biggest problem is I trust everyone that comes along. Rick has a big problem with that. I know things are different in this day and age. But there are still good people out there.
Lammie, I know what you mean "Drama". After awhile it gets really old.

Joy of Texas":3n92w356 said:
My biggest problem is I trust everyone that comes along. Rick has a big problem with that. I know things are different in this day and age. But there are still good people out there.
Are you saying I'm not the only sucker in the world ? :dunce:
And yes, there are a lot of good people out there. (I think)

I heard one time a good friend is someone who will help you move.I have alot of people I know but the ones I truly call friends are the ones who I can ask for help and they don't expect anything in return.I learned a long time ago that "friends" who only help for return favors don't care what they ask you for.Of course the ones who help who don't expect anything i'll bend over backwards for.

There are actually two types of "friends".

Type 1 is the friend that you can have a laugh with, maybe a beer with, and can chat about normal life.

Type 2 is the friend that will help you hide the body.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Type 1 friends are easy to find.

Type 2 friends are rare and are almost never found.

A true friend knows how to keep their ears open and their mouth shut.

Latest posts