characteristics

Help Support CattleToday:

alacattleman":1u5lw3bq said:
some one thats got money, and not afraid too loan me some. and wont pester me about payin' it back

Now yer talkin. That's a TRUE friend.

Lammie":1rm6fuxp said:
Clean up yer own house before you start sweeping mine.

Poo on you, Dollbaby. I haven't done a darn thing to you. If you aren't in a good mood, don't go acting all poopy pants on me. I didn't do anything. Ain't got nothing to clean, to my best knowledge.

Don't bring be down, Bruce.

Yes Lammie I am having a VERY bad day..............and don't call me Bruce

3waycross":1ywt5pgq said:
Lammie

I listed 3 character traits, Honest, trustworthy, and having integrity.. Are we all so inherently bad that we can't find one friend who posses all 3 at the same time? I sure hope not!

As far as Humility is concerned, I often hear people, here, tooting their own horn, I almost never see it as being prideful, more often than not it is because they need to feel good about something, just to get through another day.

I specified integrity because the other 2 are part and parcel of integrity. Listing the others is redundant

dun":1ju4wgyc said:
3waycross":1ju4wgyc said:
Lammie

I listed 3 character traits, Honest, trustworthy, and having integrity.. Are we all so inherently bad that we can't find one friend who posses all 3 at the same time? I sure hope not!

As far as Humility is concerned, I often hear people, here, tooting their own horn, I almost never see it as being prideful, more often than not it is because they need to feel good about something, just to get through another day.

I specified integrity because the other 2 are part and parcel of integrity. Listing the others is redundant
well when i was in the boy scouts we had too list em all seperate ....but this was right before we raided the other camps :lol:

dun":2474qml4 said:
3waycross":2474qml4 said:
Lammie

Well by Golly Dun I guess I just ain't the KNOWLEDGER that you are. That's the beauty of the English language we have all these words and get to use them all the time free of charge, whether they are redundant or not.

Ever think I might have had a reason for saying what I said? Thanks for the English lesson all the same.

I always appreciate and respect your input, asked for or not.

3waycross":3o7libo7 said:
dun":3o7libo7 said:
3waycross":3o7libo7 said:
Lammie

Well by Golly Dun I guess I just ain't the KNOWLEDGER that you are. That's the beauty of the English language we have all these words and get to use them all the time free of charge, whether they are redundant or not.

Ever think I might have had a reason for saying what I said? Thanks for the English lesson all the same.

I always appreciate and respect your input, asked for or not.

Dang, 3way! I do hope your week gets better! Must be a bad one so far. We all have them but saying it doesn't make it a whole better, I know. If Jogee has a handfull of "type 2's", he's a lucky man. Don't want to let them go!!! I can think of two. The other's are partial Type 1's but most are "acquaintances" when you really get down to it.

3waycross":ul0ieczh said:
Lammie":ul0ieczh said:

Poo on you, Dollbaby. I haven't done a darn thing to you. If you aren't in a good mood, don't go acting all poopy pants on me. I didn't do anything. Ain't got nothing to clean, to my best knowledge.

Okay, George.

Lammie":21u24l5q said:
3waycross":21u24l5q said:
Lammie":21u24l5q said:

Okay, George.

That's better.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I apologize to everyone. I have been a total a$$ all day, and it's none of ya'lls fault.

Sorry!

3waycross":cf67aw4w said:
I apologize to everyone. I have been a total a$$ all day, and it's none of ya'lls fault.

Sorry!

It's all good, George. Really. We all have those days, even Jo, who, it is rumored has his own genie in a bottle who will grant him three wishes. He just keeps wasting them on wild Brangus, beer and posters of Reba McIntire.

GMN":1zqms0d7 said:
What are some of the most important characteristics you look for in people you call your friends?

GMN

If we had x-ray vision into souls (or personality or character or psyche depending on how we want to look at it) we would soon realize all humans are full of garbage. The ones that are not full of garbage could be in denial and are likely hippocrites. One's shortcomings may be another's strength and vice-versa. Therefore, it doesn't matter which garbage we prefer to be with more often than not because we are all the same. The best friend could be the most dishonest and unethical person in the world. Friends happen. Some friends have a tendency to become longer term not because we are the greatest judge on earth like Solomon. If we look for a soul mate, we probably won't find one. Same way with friends. On the other hand, if we go with nature's flow and be the best person we can be, so to speak, friends have a way of materializing. I have found out a thief (or a homeless person in a ditch..fill in the blank) is many times more respectful than a regular churchgoer, if they are two different individuals.

3waycross":wo4evxwz said:

Sorry!
No problem, we all have those days! Hope today is a better one for you. :cboy: :tiphat: :wave:

Latest posts