Changing Demographics

Help Support CattleToday:

zirlottkim":3k9lf9tp said:
I showed the clip to my mother. Her response.... "I did my part". I have one brother and four sisters. Six of us total. Certainly above the 2.11 average currently in the U.S. Large families are almost not normal today. Which brings another point to mind. What segments of the U.S. populace are reproducing more prominently? I'ld like to see some stats on that.

My mom and dad had 5.

Oh my, if Grit sees that! :D. Did you inherit the trouble maker gene too?

Bright Raven":2q65ddso said:
zirlottkim":2q65ddso said:
I showed the clip to my mother. Her response.... "I did my part". I have one brother and four sisters. Six of us total. Certainly above the 2.11 average currently in the U.S. Large families are almost not normal today. Which brings another point to mind. What segments of the U.S. populace are reproducing more prominently? I'ld like to see some stats on that.

My mom and dad had 5.

Oh my, if Grit sees that! :D. Did you inherit the trouble maker gene too?
I'm not starting trouble. Just thinking of the reality of our world today. The video makes you think. My wife and I have three daughters. We are trying to teach them to be productive ,self reliant, clear thinking individuals. Not "dependent consumers" and "followers of societies latest trends" or "go with the flow, follow the leader" type people. There are classes of people producing children that are dependent on assistance from conception to adulthood. The more children, the more assistance received. There is a financial incentive to reproduce. What are those children being taught? What type of adults will they turn out to be? Are they more likely to be producers or consumers? It's not a race issue either. It is happening with all races.

Its odd how society will condemn the person who has more animals than they can afford to care for yet will gladly reward those who produce children than they can care for. If you can't feed them then you don't need to breed them.

Jogeephus":3pibttpg said:
Its odd how society will condemn the person who has more animals than they can afford to care for yet will gladly reward those who produce children than they can care for. If you can't feed them then you don't need to breed them.

There are numerous contradictions of that variety. The common cliche "It is what it is" is about all the sense I can make out of it.

Joe, I disagree with you to a point on the previous post regarding "adapting". That was not the right word.

I think "strategy" maybe fits better. Maybe you don't give them enough credit. If you heard the statement on the clip of Muammar Mohammed Abu Minyar Gaddafi ( :lol: , they do like long names), conquest by immigration and birth rate is part of the plan.

I'll agree with you. It is their strategy and has been for eons. History incorrectly gives them credit for a lot of major breakthroughs but I believe this credit is undeserved and the true credit should go to the society which this ideology destroyed after these "breakthroughs" were made.

Jogeephus":15hr98c1 said:
I'll agree with you. It is their strategy and has been for eons. History incorrectly gives them credit for a lot of major breakthroughs but I believe this credit is undeserved and the true credit should go to the society which this ideology destroyed after these "breakthroughs" were made.

It has been a long time since I studied the History of Science. I took it as a course and not being a History enthusiast, I was pleasantly surprised how interesting it was.

Unless, the History has been rewritten, the middle East was a garden of discovery in Ancient times. This was long before anyone had heard of Jesus Christ or Mohammed. Gods then were mythical beasts and forces of nature. So it had nothing to do with Islam.

That's my point, but many will lay claim that it was the muslims who made these advances but most of these advances came from regions and other societies prior to them being taken over and becoming islamic. I really don't know of much if anything any post islamic society has offered the world other than destruction.

Jogeephus":3gh9yg4v said:
That's my point, but many will lay claim that it was the muslims who made these advances but most of these advances came from regions and other societies prior to them being taken over and becoming islamic. I really don't know of much if anything any post islamic society has offered the world other than destruction.

Then we are in total agreement. The birth of science, astrology, etc predates Christianity and Islam.

Timeline of Ancient Mesopotamian civilization: c. 5000-3500 BC: The first city-states gradually develop in southern Mesopotamia. This is the achievement of the Sumerian people. c. 3500: Writing begins to be developed.

Bright Raven":3qznnu2t said:
Jogeephus":3qznnu2t said:

Then we are in total agreement. The birth of science, astrology, etc predates Christianity and Islam.

Timeline of Ancient Mesopotamian civilization: c. 5000-3500 BC: The first city-states gradually develop in southern Mesopotamia. This is the achievement of the Sumerian people. c. 3500: Writing begins to be developed.

Glad you stay away from discussions on religion.

TennesseeTuxedo":3kmklw2r said:
Bright Raven":3kmklw2r said:
Jogeephus":3kmklw2r said:

Glad you stay away from discussions on religion.

Ok. Dad. I'm being careful.