Changing B414 to electronic ignition

Help Support CattleToday:

f150fatboy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been thinking about changing my old International B414 over to electronic ignition. It looks like I can buy the parts for around $100. Anybody have any good/bad/ugly experiences with something like this or is it even worth the time and money? Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks, f150fatboy

i changed a 1965 small block chevy over. dont know anything about a b414. but the chevy was easy and it made that little 283 come alive. man i wish i still had her.but then again i was 16 and knew everything about everything!! as i have gotten older i have forgotten everything about everything!!

If you can afford it, absolutely change it over. You will never have to worry about points or condenser again. The engine will stay in time and the spark plugs will last for years and the next time you flood it when you've got the choke on for too long it won't foul the plugs. Might even start easier.

Have you already converted it to 12V (don't know the B414 so maybe it's already 12V)? If not, that's the next best improvement you can make.

Latest posts