Change

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wewild

Reaction score
I am not the most spontaneous person that has ever graced this Great Nation.

"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around...

(LAUGHTER)

... when yellow will be mellow...

(LAUGHTER)

LOWERY: ... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen.

AUDIENCE: Amen.

LOWERY: Say Amen.

LOWERY: And Amen.

(APPLAUSE)"

Somebody has a bill to pay to some whom think it's coming.

I pray we make it though it all.

Blasphamous. Racial. Political.

Why go there? Why quote such?

The wound is open for many. There's no call to throw salt at it.

backhoeboogie":y1fby4iv said:
Blasphamous. Racial. Political.

Why go there? Why quote such?

The wound is open for many. There's no call to throw salt at it.

Forgive me as it is history. I have no such wound.

Some folks have burned books to hide it.

Okay so forget political.

Some folks are very serious when they pray. It is not about a joke to incite audience laughter. There was much disdain expressed about this from folks who are supporters.

backhoeboogie":3oup8j1q said:
Okay so forget political.

Some folks are very serious when they pray. It is not about a joke to incite audience laughter. There was much disdain expressed about this from folks who are supporters.

We have to make it through this together. I can't be much less than a supporter myself now.

I wonder who actually laughed and why?

I did not vote for the Man, but I do hope he offers some relief for an oft-changed Country. Hope.

We're all in this together. Dont think for a moment we're not.

Crowderfarms":u50ax79h said:
Dont think for a moment we're not.

"We're" would cover over 200 million people. I know I'm in.

Crowderfarms":3cgo0r4c said:
I did not vote for the Man, but I do hope he offers some relief for an oft-changed Country. Hope.

I agree Crowder I didn't vote for him and he talks about change I just hope it will be a positive change because we need it and like was said we are all in it for the long haul whether it be good,bad or Ugly

AC

Angus Cowman":k3b4m6jl said:
Crowderfarms":k3b4m6jl said:

I agree Crowder I didn't vote for him and he talks about change I just hope it will be a positive change because we need it and like was said we are all in it for the long haul whether it be good,bad or Ugly

AC

Good post.

Crowderfarms":20u87tgb said:

Hopefully not everyone is expecting 200 million people to embrace change.

It would be nice to tell you folks how I really feel but there's no need for me to get this thread locked down :D

Angus Cowman":3emjqhfk said:
Crowderfarms":3emjqhfk said:

AC

I didn't vote for him either, but if he were standing before me now I would call him "Mr. President" and give him the same respect that I would have given Ronald Reagan, I don't have to like it . Incidently I think the "long haul" will be four years .

Larry

There is a big difference in voting for change and deciding for yourself to change. Most of use know how it is human nature to resist change. Anything with change in the sentence is doomed for failure unless there is leverage involved.

I believe Lammie said "same circus different clowns" ? We will see.
Tom

backhoeboogie":o532ybgn said:
Crowderfarms":o532ybgn said:

Hopefully not everyone is expecting 200 million people to embrace change.

It would be nice to tell you folks how I really feel but there's no need for me to get this thread locked down :D
Ditto.

All I can say is that everyone and I mean everyone has to put up or shut up. Those that think that the next four years will be a free ride may be wrong. I don't want to hear anyone talking about being left out. He's here, he's in charge and I will get behind him. I wonder how many people who are looking for "change" will appreciate our new President four years from now.

And as for "white people doing what is right", I'm doing what's right. I work to support myself. My husband works his ass off. All of us here do. It's time we all got on board with the same philosophy. No free rides and I think that's what many are expecting when they hear the word "change".

Good thoughts, Lammie. If only one thing changes, if those who are now considered "disadvantaged" wake up and realize "yes, we can" then this presidency will be a success.

Lammie":2ewaap2d said:
All I can say is that everyone and I mean everyone has to put up or shut up. Those that think that the next four years will be a free ride may be wrong. I don't want to hear anyone talking about being left out. He's here, he's in charge and I will get behind him. I wonder how many people who are looking for "change" will appreciate our new President four years from now.

And as for "white people doing what is right", I'm doing what's right. I work to support myself. My husband works his ass off. All of us here do. It's time we all got on board with the same philosophy. No free rides and I think that's what many are expecting when they hear the word "change".

Well said. He has just proven this country is the land of opportunity but contrary to the old saying, you are not going to meet opportunity sitting on your porch. Obama worked his way to where he is now. Wasn't given to him. So maybe now a new leader has emerged. Maybe he is the answer as he is not so entrenched in the political system. Maybe he will inspire others to have pride in themselves and work for the sake of their families and country. Then again, maybe not. Maybe they will just go back to the porch when they figure he is half white and continue their blame game. I hope this is not the case.

kerley":umsecgio said:
I believe Lammie said "same circus different clowns" ? We will see.
Tom
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Yes we will see, I hope he is half as good as his supporters believe him to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts