Change

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wewild

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
3,899
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
I am not the most spontaneous person that has ever graced this Great Nation.

"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around...

(LAUGHTER)

... when yellow will be mellow...

(LAUGHTER)

LOWERY: ... when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right. That all those who do justice and love mercy say Amen.

AUDIENCE: Amen.

LOWERY: Say Amen.

AUDIENCE: Amen.

LOWERY: And Amen.

AUDIENCE: Amen.

(APPLAUSE)"

Somebody has a bill to pay to some whom think it's coming.

I pray we make it though it all.
 

backhoeboogie

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
14,984
Reaction score
28
Location
Texas
Blasphamous. Racial. Political.

Why go there? Why quote such?

The wound is open for many. There's no call to throw salt at it.
 
OP
Wewild

Wewild

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
3,899
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
backhoeboogie":y1fby4iv said:
Blasphamous. Racial. Political.

Why go there? Why quote such?

The wound is open for many. There's no call to throw salt at it.

Forgive me as it is history. I have no such wound.

Some folks have burned books to hide it.
 

backhoeboogie

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
14,984
Reaction score
28
Location
Texas
Okay so forget political.

Some folks are very serious when they pray. It is not about a joke to incite audience laughter. There was much disdain expressed about this from folks who are supporters.
 
OP
Wewild

Wewild

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
3,899
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
backhoeboogie":3oup8j1q said:
Okay so forget political.

Some folks are very serious when they pray. It is not about a joke to incite audience laughter. There was much disdain expressed about this from folks who are supporters.

We have to make it through this together. I can't be much less than a supporter myself now.

I wonder who actually laughed and why?
 

Crowderfarms

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 20, 2005
Messages
7,342
Reaction score
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
I did not vote for the Man, but I do hope he offers some relief for an oft-changed Country. Hope.

We're all in this together. Dont think for a moment we're not.
 
OP
Wewild

Wewild

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
3,899
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
Crowderfarms":u50ax79h said:
Dont think for a moment we're not.

"We're" would cover over 200 million people. I know I'm in.
 

Angus Cowman

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
7,157
Reaction score
1
Location
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
Crowderfarms":3cgo0r4c said:
I did not vote for the Man, but I do hope he offers some relief for an oft-changed Country. Hope.

We're all in this together. Dont think for a moment we're not.
I agree Crowder I didn't vote for him and he talks about change I just hope it will be a positive change because we need it and like was said we are all in it for the long haul whether it be good,bad or Ugly

AC
 
OP
Wewild

Wewild

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
3,899
Reaction score
0
Location
GA
Angus Cowman":k3b4m6jl said:
Crowderfarms":k3b4m6jl said:
I did not vote for the Man, but I do hope he offers some relief for an oft-changed Country. Hope.

We're all in this together. Dont think for a moment we're not.
I agree Crowder I didn't vote for him and he talks about change I just hope it will be a positive change because we need it and like was said we are all in it for the long haul whether it be good,bad or Ugly

AC

Good post.
 

backhoeboogie

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
14,984
Reaction score
28
Location
Texas
Crowderfarms":20u87tgb said:
We're all in this together. Dont think for a moment we're not.

Hopefully not everyone is expecting 200 million people to embrace change.

It would be nice to tell you folks how I really feel but there's no need for me to get this thread locked down :D
 

larryshoat

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
3,475
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
Angus Cowman":3emjqhfk said:
Crowderfarms":3emjqhfk said:
I did not vote for the Man, but I do hope he offers some relief for an oft-changed Country. Hope.

We're all in this together. Dont think for a moment we're not.
I agree Crowder I didn't vote for him and he talks about change I just hope it will be a positive change because we need it and like was said we are all in it for the long haul whether it be good,bad or Ugly

AC

I didn't vote for him either, but if he were standing before me now I would call him "Mr. President" and give him the same respect that I would have given Ronald Reagan, I don't have to like it . Incidently I think the "long haul" will be four years .

Larry
 

HerefordSire

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
5,212
Reaction score
0
Location
Arkansas
There is a big difference in voting for change and deciding for yourself to change. Most of use know how it is human nature to resist change. Anything with change in the sentence is doomed for failure unless there is leverage involved.
 

kerley

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 18, 2007
Messages
2,853
Reaction score
4
Location
Alabama
I believe Lammie said "same circus different clowns" ? We will see.
Tom
 

Ryder

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 18, 2004
Messages
5,852
Reaction score
46
Location
Southeast Louisiana (Rep. of W. Fla.)
backhoeboogie":o532ybgn said:
Crowderfarms":o532ybgn said:
We're all in this together. Dont think for a moment we're not.

Hopefully not everyone is expecting 200 million people to embrace change.

It would be nice to tell you folks how I really feel but there's no need for me to get this thread locked down :D
Ditto.
 

Lammie

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
7,287
Reaction score
0
Location
TX
All I can say is that everyone and I mean everyone has to put up or shut up. Those that think that the next four years will be a free ride may be wrong. I don't want to hear anyone talking about being left out. He's here, he's in charge and I will get behind him. I wonder how many people who are looking for "change" will appreciate our new President four years from now.

And as for "white people doing what is right", I'm doing what's right. I work to support myself. My husband works his ass off. All of us here do. It's time we all got on board with the same philosophy. No free rides and I think that's what many are expecting when they hear the word "change".
 

john250

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
8,301
Reaction score
1
Location
Holton, IN elevation 768 ft
Good thoughts, Lammie. If only one thing changes, if those who are now considered "disadvantaged" wake up and realize "yes, we can" then this presidency will be a success.
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
1
Location
South Georgia
Lammie":2ewaap2d said:
All I can say is that everyone and I mean everyone has to put up or shut up. Those that think that the next four years will be a free ride may be wrong. I don't want to hear anyone talking about being left out. He's here, he's in charge and I will get behind him. I wonder how many people who are looking for "change" will appreciate our new President four years from now.

And as for "white people doing what is right", I'm doing what's right. I work to support myself. My husband works his ass off. All of us here do. It's time we all got on board with the same philosophy. No free rides and I think that's what many are expecting when they hear the word "change".

Well said. He has just proven this country is the land of opportunity but contrary to the old saying, you are not going to meet opportunity sitting on your porch. Obama worked his way to where he is now. Wasn't given to him. So maybe now a new leader has emerged. Maybe he is the answer as he is not so entrenched in the political system. Maybe he will inspire others to have pride in themselves and work for the sake of their families and country. Then again, maybe not. Maybe they will just go back to the porch when they figure he is half white and continue their blame game. I hope this is not the case.
 

CKC1586

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
4,351
Reaction score
0
Location
Sunfield, Michigan USA
kerley":umsecgio said:
I believe Lammie said "same circus different clowns" ? We will see.
Tom
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Yes we will see, I hope he is half as good as his supporters believe him to be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top