change your password

Help Support CattleToday:

SRBeef

Reaction score
I would strongly suggest everyone here change your password as the board was compromised over the past week. Use one which you do not use elsewhere.

dcara

Reaction score
I noticed that also. I was hoping Macon or other admin would comment on it. Has he/CT commented on that issue somewhere else on the boards?

CattleHand

Reaction score
How do we do that? yea my security settings told me not to come to this site. I was wondering what was up.

spoon

Reaction score
CattleHand":df5b87rj said:
How do we do that? yea my security settings told me not to come to this site. I was wondering what was up.

You can change your password in your User Control Panel.

FarmGirl10

Reaction score
dcara":2877pt4v said:
I noticed that also. I was hoping Macon or other admin would comment on it. Has he/CT commented on that issue somewhere else on the boards?
He had a post about it in the Coffee Shop

regolith

Reaction score
If that is an issue, it's to late now.

If the information hasn't been used yet... it's not too late.
*If* the password used here is the same as you use anywhere else - change that too.
Paranoia, yes; but I was on the periphery of a forum take-down a while back that resulted in personal information being compromised and several of the members getting themselves new e-mail accounts. The hackers had control of the old ones.

jcummins

Reaction score
On another post it was mentioned this was an ex employee. I'd guess the hack wasn't to get to that type data, but a hateful thing to get back at Macon.

M Gravlee

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No way anyone (including me) can see/get passwords here. They are all encoded with a strong encryption algorithm so even if you got the file it would be worthless.

That said, it is a good idea to change passwords on a regular basis.

Latest posts