Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than on

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stihl

There's a nearly new Woodshark bottom of my pond.Threw it there myself few years ago, and had to explain to wife what happened to the birthday present she got me..

greybeard":o3ih8r6h said:
Stihl

There's a nearly new Woodshark bottom of my pond.Threw it there myself few years ago, and had to explain to wife what happened to the birthday present she got me..
:lol:

Craig Miller":1g0rsrx8 said:
The husqvarna dealer here has been around for longer than I have. Its a one man shop. There have been a couple times when he hasn't even charged me for what he did. Adjusting the carb and such. When he gets to old to do it I dont know where Ill take it. I had a Stihl once and it ran fine right up until somebody else decided they needed it more than I did. I liked it better than the Husqvarna

who runs the shop if you dont mind me asking? where is this at?

I wouldn't call them a logger saw, but a "Wild Thing" is not a bad saw. They are made by Husqvarna and bout 60% of the price of the same Husqvarna homeowners saw just a different color.

images

ANAZAZI":2sbyt5j9 said:
Nesikep":2sbyt5j9 said:
dave, I hear the primer button is critical to restarting them, even when hot

I usually do not touch the bubble; it works anyway.

I agree. Nothing good comes from touching that button or the decompressor. Dad has a heck of a time getting the 550 XPG running because it's not finicky enough - he pretty much floods it every time and then curses the new shyt. Needs no choke whatsoever even if just barely warm. Not like the 365 which needs choke if it has sat more than 2 minutes.

I think there may be variances between saws.. on the saw forum I'm on one guy said if it sat for more than 5 minutes, just 1 pump of the primer will get it to start right up.. Just what I heard.. worth a try if you're having problems

Usually from my experience starting problems is either getting low on compression or a carburetor rebuilt is needed. It could be other things also such as plug, electrical, impulse line, compression release problems etc. The last I counted I have twenty three saws and the cheapest and best thing you can do for a saw every few years is put fresh seals in the carburetor. I just rebuilt the carb on a Stihl MS361 that was hard to start and ran poorly. The screen in the carb was just about stopped up and the rubber on the tip of the needle in the carburetor wasn't seating properly as it was deformed either from age, ethanol gas left in it, etc. After the carb rebuilt, minor H/L adjustments it ran like new again.

I'm catching up to you!.. I counted my saws the other day, I'm at 15 complete saws that are running or just need minor work. Old saws often have fuel line problems.. I've seen some where the fuel line totally vanished into a pile of gum at the bottom of the fuel tank. These are usually 1990 or earlier saws though.

Latest posts