Cesarian Section Video

Help Support CattleToday:

That really was neat to see. Thanks for the link. That was one big meaty chunk of calf! Hopefully I never have to deal with it here (knock wood).

dun":hak498wq said:
Did anyone notice the cows breed?
that was one horking big cow...Stood so nice in the beginning, if i jabed a needle like that into my cow, i would visit 2009 before y'all. now I'm off to watch the rest

That calf was half grown. Huge, massive, giant wow.

Notice the yellow on the calf. This means the calf was in distress, (you think :shock: ), and the calf took it's first poop in the uterus. This can cause the calf to get sick or go septic, if not watched carefully. It can also cause the cow to get sick if she does not clean properly and soon

That's cool. It's nice to be watching it on the computer rather than worrying about the ones we've had to do in the past.

That was amazing! I've had two c-sections but I couldn't imagine doing it standing up with only a little freezing...

For those that have had to do this how much are the vet bills???

I have a heifer that needed a c-section three or four years ago. We had it done at the LSU Vet School. Total costs was about $300. The heifer was at the vet school by about 8 AM, and back home in the pasture by about 2 PM.

I'm not usually quesy by blood and such but that video turned my stomach. That cow was so calm, quiet and still! Any of ours would have tried to kill him I'm sure. The vet looked so rough too, is that normal? Also is it normal to not remove the fetal membranes from the uterus with a c-section? Will the cow expel those normally after a c-section? We've never had to have one done, thank God, that is NOT something I would attempt on my own.

Latest posts