Certified Angus Beef Ear Tag

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas Ranch Man

Reaction score
Heres one to toss around. I just purchased a New Black Bull. Some of you may recall my post "Looking for a Quality Black Bull" Well I have made a deal on a Registered Black Angus Bull. The Gentleman who sold me the Bull stated "There is a new CAB program out now where you become eligable to purchase special Certified Angus Beef Ear Tags for your calves, as long as they were sired by a Registered Angus Bull. It does not matter what type of cow they come out of to be eligable." Not that I doubt the Man, I just would like some info if anyone else has heard this. Depending on the price of the Ear Tags it might be adventagious to put these on the calves prior to selling them. Everything I raise is terminal and being my momma cows are True F-1 Tigerstripes I should get Solid Black to Black White Face calves with possibly some white on the underside. Has anyone else tried this CAB program and has it added to your sale price? Let me know what you think. We all may be in for a bumpy ride on this one.

Texas Ranch Man":12xca4kl said:
Heres one to toss around. I just purchased a New Black Bull. Some of you may recall my post "Looking for a Quality Black Bull" Well I have made a deal on a Registered Black Angus Bull. The Gentleman who sold me the Bull stated "There is a new CAB program out now where you become eligable to purchase special Certified Angus Beef Ear Tags for your calves, as long as they were sired by a Registered Angus Bull. It does not matter what type of cow they come out of to be eligable." Not that I doubt the Man, I just would like some info if anyone else has heard this. Depending on the price of the Ear Tags it might be adventagious to put these on the calves prior to selling them. Everything I raise is terminal and being my momma cows are True F-1 Tigerstripes I should get Solid Black to Black White Face calves with possibly some white on the underside. Has anyone else tried this CAB program and has it added to your sale price? Let me know what you think. We all may be in for a bumpy ride on this one.

I'm not aware of any CAB ear tags, but that doesn't mean they're not out there. I think he probably meant the AngusSource tags. Links:

http://www.angussource.com/

http://www.angus.org/newsroom/releases/ ... _Year.html