Census?

Help Support CattleToday:

sidney411":31c73eiz said:
It says they come out every 5 years but it sure feels like it was less then 5 yrs ago when we did the last one. I started ours last night. WOW! How do they expect me to figure out all these questions before I do the taxes? How did yall that have already filled your out estimate the total value of all your equipment/barns ect.? I have no idea how to do that!? Also I was wondering why would they want to know if we have any barns constructed before 1960? I did notice on the front where it states you have to fill it out BUT it didn't say it had to be filled out COMPLETELY. What if I leave all the hard questions blank?

I just took a stab at the values of stuff.That is the way i would do it anyway. I mean, I didn't exactly figure depreciation and all that. But my insurance agent just wanted a rough idea, so I also did that with the census.

I had forgotten about mine till I saw this question. I'll have to dig it out of this pile of junk mail I keep my rocking chair. The last time I got one and forgot to fill it out , they sent me a semi threatening letter and said I was required by law to fill it out. It's kind of a pain in the rear, but it's supposed to help them in some way.

weird subject related question: Wasn't it some kind of census that required male heads of households to be present in their birth towns for the count the reason Mary and Joseph were in Bethlehem?

Governments like to count things - mostly so they can tax them, but there are other benefits too. I tend to to give the info asked for but always in the back of my mind is how can this be used for my benefit or against me?

Overall knowledge and truth are a good thing, but sometimes information is used as a hammer against people (especially in agriculture).

I was told from a reliable source its a 100.00 fine if you don't fill it out. Thats awfully tempting. Its a 500 dollar fine for lying.

Latest posts