Census

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Anyone else get a census package to fill out from the Census Bureau? Recently received one myself titled the American Community Survey which I thought odd since I was under the impression the constitution required taking the census every 10 years and the last one was taken in 2010. At first I thought it junk mail or some scam and tossed it in the trash only to be sent another with a warning that I could face a fine if I didn't fill it out and return. After going through the package I felt somewhat uncomfortable with some of the questions they asked like; how many bathrooms I have, how many cars, how much money I make, how much my insurance costs, etc. Anyhow, I did a little digging and found this is in fact a legitimate survey and if I do not fill out and return to them I can be fined up to $5000. Just wondering if anyone else has received this package and what your feelings are.

Got one in 2010, same deal, repeated threats etc. but I did not fill it out as it is none of their business. They did not sue.

I have not received one yet, but mine is probably on the way. If I get one, I will be sure to fill it out. Thank you for mentioning this. I try to check the mail carefully because you never know what important thing might be in there.

I didn't get that form, but a couple of weeks ago I got a letter telling me I needed to appear in Kansas City, Ks. on such and such day at a particular time for jury duty. I needed to complete the questionnaire, and if I didn't I think it was a $1000 fine and some time in jail.

There was a phone number on the form. I called and got a recording. I told them I was not driving to Kansas City, Ks. and I had plenty of time so send your guys down and arrest me.

A woman called back within an hour. She told me all I had to do was on the back on the letter tell them I do not drive to Kansas City, and I would be excused.

Just got my dismissal letter a couple of days ago.

I'd have a greater chance of a drive-by shooting parking and getting near that courthouse, then in a military zone.

Send it to True Grit. He will fill it out. Or better yet have someone deliver it to his front door. He likes the census folks :lol2: :hide:

kenny thomas":v38nsng5 said:
Jo, did the census ask how well your free cell phone worked and if it had enough minutes for the emergencies?

Indirectly it asked if I had a free one. I felt like doing what Kell in Ky did but I sure don't need any more hassles this time of year so I filled the thing out the best I could but it sure took more than the 40 minutes they said it would.

JMJ - I don't want to go to prison.

True Grit Farms":1t0rl1t5 said:
"No problem Mr. Grit--We just thought we'd give you a chance to feel included as part of our new multi diversity plan--we didn't really need you to fill all that paperwork out---we can get all your information over at the NSA any time."

Like I said in another thread, I haven't looked in awhile so I may be wrong but I think just signing it and sending it back fulfills the legal requirement for response.

True Grit Farms":4hern8fw said:
I'm wondering if we are to the point that if this was sent in you would get a nice visit from your "concerned" government official that with the red pen and big letters you suffer from an aggressive mental disorder and cannot be allowed to keep your guns as you are obviously a threat to yourself and display anti social/ government tendencies.