Cemetary Gates

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross

Reaction score
I have hunted the same area in NW Kansas for almost 20 years, and have always been fascinated by the start beauty of the older rural cemetaries in that area. The past weekend while Pheasant hunting i decided to photograph a few of them. Hope ya'll can appreciate them as much as i do. Feel free to add some of your own if you like. I am betting there are some amazing ones in the south and Texas

IMG-20121214-00345.jpg

Summit-20121214-00346.jpg

IMG-20121214-00347.jpg

Herl-20121214-00349.jpg

Herl-20121214-00350.jpg

jedstivers":2kdnveu3 said:
That's cool. I can't post any because if we had and gates they would have been hit and tore down.

The gas company put in new fence. It lasted about 6 months before someone ran into the corner. Now it is a wreck again.

Nice collection of photos! I was going to go by a cemetery near here today and get a pic of the entrance gate but forgot. Maybe I'll get it later in the week.

Jogeephus":30dziayw said:
Somebody around Bassettville needs to learn how to shut the gate.

I hear they shut it every morning! :shock: :shock: :shock:

jedstivers":m50emj17 said:
That's cool. I can't post any because if we had and gates they would have been hit and tore down.
You know why they have fences and gates around them don't you?

Folks are just dying to get in there.

3way, just wondering if St Marys cemetary is in Wichita co and also wondering about Union cemetary if it is in ne Finney county? Both of them look familiar. I hate to ask about the phesant hunting as I'd bet it was pretty thin.

These pictures brought up memories. I went to a geneology site and downloaded kendrew cemetery entrance onto ranchers net, but being on this cell phone can't get it here. Anyway, it is similar and so many states away. The side poles were replaced with the road project, as i remember it not looking so new. This is in northern ny state, just below canada. I always find old cemeteries peaceful. My dad is here, right next to the oswegatchie river he fished and cut ice from.

Fly-guy":70m2dxf4 said:
3way, just wondering if St Marys cemetary is in Wichita co and also wondering about Union cemetary if it is in ne Finney county? Both of them look familiar. I hate to ask about the phesant hunting as I'd bet it was pretty thin.

These cemetaries are all in Northwest Ks. don't remember the name of the county right now.

as far as the pheasant hnting goes................................don't even ask!

3waycross":2he25db6 said:
Fly-guy":2he25db6 said:

These cemetaries are all in Northwest Ks. don't remember the name of the county right now.

as far as the pheasant hnting goes................................don't even ask!

The St Mary's gate looks like it is at Marienthal Ks on hiway 96 between Leoti and Scott City, my old stomping grounds. And who knows where the Union cemetary ends up? :help: A couple of others look like they are around the Oberland area.

As for as the hunting, you should have been out there is the mid 80's! :tiphat:

Fly-guy":3ftutjtg said:
3waycross":3ftutjtg said:
Fly-guy":3ftutjtg said:

The St Mary's gate looks like it is at Marienthal Ks on hiway 96 between Leoti and Scott City, my old stomping grounds. And who knows where the Union cemetary ends up? :help: A couple of others look like they are around the Oberland area.

As for as the hunting, you should have been out there is the mid 80's! :tiphat:

They are all from within 60 miles of Oberlin that is where we hunt out of and i was there in the 80's