Cedar Fever

Help Support CattleToday:

Maybe ~ what is it?
Is it a people thing or a cow thing or a tree thing (or none of those things....)

Ok ~ read the article.
Nope, I can't help you, not too much.
My youngest 2 get allergies, though not bad. Claritin works really well. Has to be given a bed time for them. I know others who say it jacks them up, but it makes mine sleepy.
There were a bunch of ideas in the article, but since most of them involved staying inside or going out during off peak times ~ its not very practical.

ROCKSPRINGS,if you are bothered by cedar and live in Rocksprings I feel sorry for you,that is definetly cedar country,so is Sisterdale but we have so many people moving in around here they cut it pretty good,one season of cedar and them green horns grab a chain saw and get to cuttin LOL,I have a skidsteer with a shear that I cut with,pretty much an on going battle,luckily I aint allergic to it,which brings my long winded reply to your original question.
The old timers around here swear to get rid of cedar allergies,go pick some cedar berries,eat one the first day two the next three the day after until you are up to ten,then nine the next day eight the next then seven etc.......until you are back at zero.
Does it work ???????????? I have no idea :D :D :D
good luck

The over the counter drug Zicam is wonderful stuff to open your nasal passages. It will work in just a few minutes. If the mucus begins to show yellow or green tint then you are getting infected from the allergy and you need to start on antibiotics as soon as possible. Oxytetrycylene is what I use. :idea: Oxytetrycylene is also the active ingredient in a 5-way calf scour bolus :idea: Wonder if that would work on people. Yep, does quite nicely but might make you feel a bit bullish. ;-)

Latest posts