CB, a good coat for damp, cold weather.

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
You mentioned in another post you are tired of JC penny's coats. I have worn these coats (Carhartt) for years and mostly as a work coat. They wear like iron and plenty warm. I'm not messing around now, but Dave and I do have the type of weather you're having now most of the winter. Great, warm coat and I always get one with a hood. In 15 or 16 years I think I'm on my fourth on and I do use it as a winter work coat. Stay warm my friend, here's the link....they sell them all over so much cheaper then buying direct from Carhartt, i get a lined one and like I said always with the hood. Hope this helps. Oh and I'm 6'4" and 260 I wear a 2x....hope it helps.

Alan

http://www.carhartt.com/category/carhar ... ts-jackets

I'm not CB, but I second your rave reviews on Carharrt's! I've been using them for winter work coats for at least 17 years. LOVE them! Warm and dry in rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain. I even have a Carharrt coveralls/jumpsuit (all one piece). I would be lost, in the winter, without it all. And for a topper, I have a great rabbit fur Bomber hat. :)

Good coats. I've been wearing them for years too an am still wearing my 2nd one. Seems like the older more ragged they get the better they feel.

TexasBred":1hkjuft2 said:
Good coats. I've been wearing them for years too an am still wearing my 2nd one. Seems like the older more ragged they get the better they feel.

X2, wish when my wife see's me in an old one she felt the same. :lol:

Workinonit Farm":1o4njyru said:
Caustic Burno":1o4njyru said:
Good info I will put one on my Christmas list

If you get one, you'll never go back to the others. :)
I've owned 3 in last 30 yrs. Still wear first one its faded bit does its job , it got faded from hanging on a fence post for 3 mths I took it off working and forget where I left it till I found it. It's tattered and torn some but works.

I've got 3 pairs of the Carharrt's work pants. (not the kind for winter) Talk about heavy duty fabric! I like them best for working around barbed wire. The barbs barely grab the fabric.

My son is 6'6" and weighs 225. Wears the Carhartt coveralls for most all winter work. Has two pair of the "tall" and keeps bringing me the older ones to "put a patch on please mom" or to sew up a seam when he catches it. Probably had them 20 yrs. He doesn't like hoods but I get him the carhartt hat with the ear flap that folds down or up inside the hat. Really likes that. The old pair is getting pretty ragged and has lost some of the lining.... I think he has a jacket too for when he doesn't wear the coveralls. The jackets are a bit heavy but VERY WARM. I don't like coveralls, but wear the insulated overalls, and a lined sweatshirt unless it is wet then wear something that will shed the wet.

Workinonit Farm":2twcduw4 said:
I've got 3 pairs of the Carharrt's work pants. (not the kind for winter) Talk about heavy duty fabric! I like them best for working around barbed wire. The barbs barely grab the fabric.

I also love the work pants, I gave up Levi 501's years ago for the carhartt double front jeans. I pay $28 a pair for them...can't see me wearing any other work clothes.

M-5":q7bm1xls said:
http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-men-outerwear/Sandstone-Detroit-Jacket-Blanket-Lined-J97

Also check out the origional chore coat.You might find a deal at Sierra Trading Post.Lots of other places are having sales now.

JW IN VA":3pqzq1z1 said:
M-5":3pqzq1z1 said:
http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-men-outerwear/Sandstone-Detroit-Jacket-Blanket-Lined-J97

Also check out the origional chore coat.You might find a deal at Sierra Trading Post.Lots of other places are having sales now.

Just for variety, this is the one I've worn for the past several years. Cold, windy days got to have the hood, especially if there's wind blown rain. Ball cap keeps the hood out my eyes.

http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhar ... Lined-J140

Workinonit Farm":1vskk7ml said:
I'm not CB, but I second your rave reviews on Carharrt's! I've been using them for winter work coats for at least 17 years. LOVE them! Warm and dry in rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain. I even have a Carharrt coveralls/jumpsuit (all one piece). I would be lost, in the winter, without it all. And for a topper, I have a great rabbit fur Bomber hat. :)

Sorry, but I'm having a real hard time believing you........ I think we need a picture of you in your carhartt coveralls and the rabbit fur bomber hat. :mrgreen:

Alan":2gqf51xc said:
Workinonit Farm":2gqf51xc said:

Sorry, but I'm having a real hard time believing you........ I think we need a picture of you in your carhartt coveralls and the rabbit fur bomber hat. :mrgreen:

Don't encourage such things Alan.

M-5":1vcd0vvk said:
Workinonit Farm":1vcd0vvk said:
Caustic Burno":1vcd0vvk said:
Good info I will put one on my Christmas list

I've owned 3 in last 30 yrs. Still wear first one its faded bit does its job , it got faded from hanging on a fence post for 3 mths I took it off working and forget where I left it till I found it. It's tattered and torn some but works.

How on earth can you lose a jacket hanging on a fence post on a hobby farm for three months?

Alan":pjekrbjx said:
JW IN VA":pjekrbjx said:
M-5":pjekrbjx said:

Just for variety, this is the one I've worn for the past several years. Cold, windy days got to have the hood, especially if there's wind blown rain. Ball cap keeps the hood out my eyes.

http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhar ... Lined-J140
I have one of these but hat the cuffs , gotta take it to my aunt and have her cut the stretch stuff off and build a standard snap cuff

Deepsouth":3ncj5903 said:
M-5":3ncj5903 said:
Workinonit Farm":3ncj5903 said:

How on earth can you lose a jacket hanging on a fence post on a hobby farm for three months?

Who gave you permission to comment on my post ???? Im sure you cant understand the concept of working on fence in the woods and getting hot when its cold out side. Work is something your not familiar with.

Latest posts