Caustic

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you folks seem to be taking this pretty hard. :roll: I'm with the get over it crowd, I think what Campground has pulled off over the years is talented. I don't view what CG, CB did as dishonest, but more as an act. Now that I know it, it brings a smile to my face, just as a movie with a great ending. There was a time that CB and CG would tag team me pretty good for some of the dumb things I have said in the past. I too think that CB has taught me alot, just as some of you others have in they past. I hope that CB lives on and keeps posting although it may not be the same as the past.

Frankie, I still have, and will have, a lot of respect for you and usally feel that some on the boards tend to hunt you down to pick on you. While I don't agree with you on this one I'm not in your shoes, and don't wear womens shoes :D (much). So don't let this eat at you too much.

My big question for CB, CG, or Edgar is..... Who's hand was bitten by the hog? This is killing me! :D

Nice rouse!

Alan

flaboy?":qgk5tp7p said:
Miss Daisy":qgk5tp7p said:
dun":qgk5tp7p said:
Miss Daisy":qgk5tp7p said:
ok, i admit it... my alter egos are "crowderfarms" and "warpaint"

:lol:

I thought I was miss daisy

if you wanna be associated with crowder and paint your welcome to come out if the closet as miss daisy too!!!

Oh boy, you are starting to catch on already. :lol:

I am blonde! :D Well, at least one of me is... ;-)

Alan":3s5y6vjw said:
Some of you folks seem to be taking this pretty hard. :roll: I'm with the get over it crowd, I think what Campground has pulled off over the years is talented. I don't view what CG, CB did as dishonest, but more as an act. Now that I know it, it brings a smile to my face, just as a movie with a great ending. There was a time that CB and CG would tag team me pretty good for some of the dumb things I have said in the past. I too think that CB has taught me alot, just as some of you others have in they past. I hope that CB lives on and keeps posting although it may not be the same as the past.

Frankie, I still have, and will have, a lot of respect for you and usally feel that some on the boards tend to hunt you down to pick on you. While I don't agree with you on this one I'm not in your shoes, and don't wear womens shoes :D (much). So don't let this eat at you too much.

My big question for CB, CG, or Edgar is..... Who's hand was bitten by the hog? This is killing me! :D

Nice rouse!

Alan

Caustic's was I had shot them in the trap and one wasn't dead when he reached in. I had to haul him to the emergency room and come back and skin three hogs by myself.
Got to run back to the court house for jury selection at three.

What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Does this mean the "Hoss Cartwright" avatar is available? Or is it like the "3" in NASCAR?

Campground Cattle":32pe13ig said:
Herefords.US":32pe13ig said:
Frankie":32pe13ig said:
See, this is want I don't understand. "Caustic" is made up. He's not real. Why do you believe an admitted liar that he's based "Caustic" on anyone? Why would you now believe there's someone named "Edgar"? How many times do you have to be the butt of a joke to realize it?

Frankie, there is little doubt in my mind that "Edgar" exists/or existed. But I'll also bet that only a minority of the posts happened when "Edgar" was actually in the room.

Caustic Burno is simply a character based on "Edgar". RL has "played" the character and since controlled its evolution. To have respect for his views about cattle would be like falsely having respect for George C. Scott's political views - just because he played "Patton".

I have some more to say - but unfortunately I'm in the middle of something important and I must get back to it. I hope to post again later this afternoon/evening.

George

Again cyber slueth you wrong in the beginiing there were seven regulars that posted under Caustic including the deceased one.
None of the regulars posted under it after Caustic took over his handle.
Caustic started as a joke as my old mentor goes by that handle and we all found it hilarous when he would introduce himself as Caustic Burno. Several of us started playing with it and the new wore off and started letting it drop. I showed the board and the name to Caustic a couple of years ago after his wife died and he started coming to the house for meals, he was hooked. He couldn't have worked a computer if his life had depended on it. Now I actually think he can he just wants the company.
Caustic is 82 and knows more about cattle than I will ever learn in a lifetime.
He comes over and reads the board with me most every day. He will say type this to them or that and thats what I do. He laughs so hard he cries some time..
He has even bought a computer something I thought would never happen so when I come over to his house he can participate on the board. When I am working he still comes over as the wife fix's his meals and will log and and type for him. That is why you see the different writing style from time to time now. He still a large full time rancher.

Why should anyone on this board believe a single word of this post? You've admitted to being a liar. Are we to believe now that you're "honest?" What a joke!

My my. When I be rethinkin all the heat I took way back when fer the way I talk(write), accused a bein an alter ego ta stir up the s%%t on the board, now ta find out old caustic was nothin but a fake and an alter ego, claimin ta be a "cattleman" and such, it just shows ta go ya. Don't be beleivin anythin ya be hearin or seein on this thing they call the "web" or the "net". Whatever ya call it, they both be traps, don't ya know????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey rookie. Don't you know would be a new england type of thing to say. When doing your southern uneducated impression, you may want to leave that out. :D

john250":1bnb2rp6 said:
What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Does this mean the "Hoss Cartwright" avatar is available? Or is it like the "3" in NASCAR?

I know of at least one person wanting the Nascar "3."

However, I would hesitate to covet the Hoss Cartwright avatar...especially now. But hey, that's just me. My avatar is a little fat dog (CC/CB/edgar's words) that's happens to be my biggest buddy...who happens to be sitting next to me...right now...in the flesh...on the "hoof"...

And his name is KONG! What's that Kong...you want to dictate something to me? Ok...here goes....grrrr, grrrr, grrrr, grrr... :p

Alice (who really, really does need to get out more... :roll: )

Frankie":1i5xb049 said:
Campground Cattle":1i5xb049 said:
Herefords.US":1i5xb049 said:
Frankie":1i5xb049 said:
See, this is want I don't understand. "Caustic" is made up. He's not real. Why do you believe an admitted liar that he's based "Caustic" on anyone? Why would you now believe there's someone named "Edgar"? How many times do you have to be the butt of a joke to realize it?

Frankie, there is little doubt in my mind that "Edgar" exists/or existed. But I'll also bet that only a minority of the posts happened when "Edgar" was actually in the room.

Caustic Burno is simply a character based on "Edgar". RL has "played" the character and since controlled its evolution. To have respect for his views about cattle would be like falsely having respect for George C. Scott's political views - just because he played "Patton".

I have some more to say - but unfortunately I'm in the middle of something important and I must get back to it. I hope to post again later this afternoon/evening.

George

Again cyber slueth you wrong in the beginiing there were seven regulars that posted under Caustic including the deceased one.
None of the regulars posted under it after Caustic took over his handle.
Caustic started as a joke as my old mentor goes by that handle and we all found it hilarous when he would introduce himself as Caustic Burno. Several of us started playing with it and the new wore off and started letting it drop. I showed the board and the name to Caustic a couple of years ago after his wife died and he started coming to the house for meals, he was hooked. He couldn't have worked a computer if his life had depended on it. Now I actually think he can he just wants the company.
Caustic is 82 and knows more about cattle than I will ever learn in a lifetime.
He comes over and reads the board with me most every day. He will say type this to them or that and thats what I do. He laughs so hard he cries some time..
He has even bought a computer something I thought would never happen so when I come over to his house he can participate on the board. When I am working he still comes over as the wife fix's his meals and will log and and type for him. That is why you see the different writing style from time to time now. He still a large full time rancher.

Why should anyone on this board believe a single word of this post? You've admitted to being a liar. Are we to believe now that you're "honest?" What a joke!

Probably more honest than CAB. :D

I might just go through a whole box of kleenex. I should have taken my toys and went home.

We all know Camp works at a refinery. He likely can access a computer there as well as his home PC, making it perfectly simple to have atleast two aliases. Most all of us could do that. He did this from home, in the presence of "Edgar". Makes sense to me.

When it becomes cumbersome is when the wife (or more than one person) wants to post from the same home computer.

backhoeboogie":ap9rtx4d said:
We all know Camp works at a refinery.

Pardon my knee jerk skepticism, but....in light of what's unfolding here, do we really know that?

Alice

backhoeboogie":364o4rtm said:
I might just go through a whole box of kleenex. I should have taken my toys and went home.

We all know Camp works at a refinery. He likely can access a computer there as well as his home PC, making it perfectly simple to have atleast two aliases. Most all of us could do that. He did this from home, in the presence of "Edgar". Makes sense to me.

When it becomes cumbersome is when the wife (or more than one person) wants to post from the same home computer.

How do you know Camp works at a refinery? Because he told you so? :roll: Do you understand this person is an admitted liar? Why would you belive anything he says. He could be setting in a plush hotel in LA or the men's restroom in the Minneapolis/St Paul Airport. I can't believe you're still defending him. He must be getting a real laugh at that. Pucker up, now.

It's a whole different thing if your wife want's to post or other family member. Caustic was created to be a rude, insulting character. He's slammed me, Angus, Longhorns, Alice, a long list of posters and Campground didn't have the guts to do it alone. He had his fake pals join in. There's no telling how many beginners have been scared off the boards because of his/their insults.

Alan":1v4gbcx2 said:

Nice rouse!

Alan

It's not just me, Alan. I could and did take all of them on at one time or another. It's all the newby posters that have come on this board and been insulted by Caustic. Except it wasn't Caustic. It was one of a gang who thought they were funny and spent their time laughing at how they were making fools of the real posters who supported them. I wonder how many of the beginners who were chased off the board would have benefited by spending some time here, say getting help from Dun, instead of being told they were too stupid to own cows by Campground and his gang? The words I'd use to describe Campground Cattle and his gang would get me kicked off the board. :mad:

Campground Cattle":1i1zp98s said:
Again cyber slueth you wrong

Yeah, maybe just like I was wrong about you posting under both IDs.

Perhaps you've forgotten that I've spent some time researching your past posts under both IDs. You're asking us to believe, now, that "Edgar" was with you at various hours during the early morning, day, night, even late nights.

Hmmm..I guess "Edgar" went to work with you as well!

Yeah, I was probably wrong all right - wrong in thinking you'd like to clean the slate completely and start fresh.

Campground Cattle":1i1zp98s said:
It's true. CB=Camp=me, RL. Believe it or not I'd really like to thank George for helping me get it out. Most of what he told yall is just the way it is. This all started as a big joke a long time ago when there wasn't near as many posters as there is now. Maybe 500 or 600, I don't remember. Most all of the old hands figured it out, but things chnaged over the years and a lot of them are gone. A lot of new posters came on and CB sort of got a life of his own.

Like George said, CB is based on an old friend of mine that I'll call Edgar. My mentor. Edgar has taught me more about cows than anybody ever has a right to learn. But he's a rough sob to learn from. If I had a nickle for every time he called me a "hobby boy" or cussed me, I could buy the King Ranch. Edgar doesn't even know how to turn a computer on, but he's reached a lot of people on the internet. He's reached them in the name of Caustic Burno though. I never intended for things to go this far. Seems like they just really got out of hand. Somebody mentioned Camp not posting much- darn right. It was all I could do to keep up with CB without going crazy. Ever since his wife died, Edgar has been coming over when I'm at home and I'll read him some posts and he'll say, tell em...whatever. He gets a kick out of it too. If there's something posted that I don't know the answer to, I'll go ask him and then post it. Even though the posts are mine, the stuff mostly comes from Edgar one way or another.

I really get a kick out of a lot of this stuff too.
I've been lucky enough to get a lot of help, so I like helping people in return. I tell people just like Edgar tells me though...rough and to the point. And that's what I'll keep on doing too. CB isn't going to die. He's going to keep right on like he's been doing because he likes helping people learn about the cattle business. If you don't like it, don't read it. If you don't like me, don't read it. But if CB tells you something you can bet that's the way it is.

I could have gone on forever doing this because I felt like I was just telling people just what Edgar would have told them. As long as I could avoid the direct question of whether or not CB and Camp were the same, I was doing okay. I wasn't about to lie though. All I could do was hope to evade the question. But there was something starting to happen that I just couldn't stomach any more...

A lot of people were taking up for CB. They were accusing George of making things up. They were putting their reputations on the line for CB. For me. I can't let that go on. I can't let my friends do that. That's why I'm posting this.

I'm ready to take my reaming now because I know I've got it coming. There's one thing you can say about me- I can take it just as good as I dish it out. But don't expect anything to change. CB will still keep helping people when he can and he'll still keep calling everything just like he sees it.

I'm not going to answer any questions about this so don't even ask any. I might reply to some of your posts on this thread and again I might not. Yall fire aways though. I'll read for a little while and then I'm going to pick up Edgar. We're going to the woods to run some hogs. We might even try to run some over on some of the hobby boys to give them some schooling. While I'm with him I'm going to pick his brain and learn something else about cows. Guaranteed. Just like I've been learning from him every time I'm around him for over 30 years. And I'll probably share it with some of you when you need it. It might be my words, but it's mostly Edgars knowledge.

Thanks again to George for giving me a chance to get it out and to the friends that took up for me. To all of those that I gave my phone number and name to, if you need me call me. There's nothing changed about that. I'm always here for any of you. Now all of you city boys and hobby boys eat your hearts out. Me and Edgar are fixing to go turn the hounds loose.

RL

Note the bolded parts of your own post. Simply put, Camp Caustic, you're just a performer that doesn't want the show to end.

Who knows what tomorrow holds - or next week - next year.

But this show is over!

I believe you'll find it's a rocky path to redemption. And I think you'll find much more resistance to your "bullying" tactics in the future.

George

i have a few comments, my main one being " the majority of the posters on here probably dont give a rats ass about all of this".

my other thoughts will have to wait til later on tonite though.

Campground Cattle":12gudfoi said:
The reason George is mad is I said he runs a crappy line of cattle which is still true. I took Caustic on a cattle buying trip with me from where George got his seedstock.

Once again, you're distorting the facts, Camp Caustic.

Like I've said to you before, I could care less what you think about Remitall breeding.

You also showed how little you know about contemporary Hereford genetics in this thread:

http://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36287

Here is a quote from it:

Herefords.US":12gudfoi said:
Caustic Burno":12gudfoi said:
Only BS on here is your Hereford growth numbers must have killed you to realize the world was buying your BS.
Are you saying seedstock producers don't fudge those birthdates, now we got a kitten trying to BS a tomcat.
No matter how much lipstick you put on it your growth rates are still a pig and unrealistic. There was plenty of misrepresentation here but thats normal with most seedstock producers when quoting weaning and yealing weights.
Got remember figures don't lie but liars figure.

To begin with - not MY bull! It doesn't mean a dime to me one way or another. I just hate to see YOUR BS go unchallenged. Someone might actually think you have a clue about what you're talking about.

Sure, I know there are some breeders that might fudge a birthdate by a few days - but the 6 months "fudge" insinuated here is ludicrous.

And not ALL seedstock producers are liars! I don't think MOST of them are - at least the ones that I've done business with. But then maybe you run with a different group than I do.

George

Now we know why you(or Edgar) think that seedstock producers are liars. It's because Edgar must hang around with one that is!

George

This whole deals stinks. Is it all about the money? Get people riled up,get more people to post? Thanks George for putting this thing in the open where the common man can decide for himself.

My, but some of you people seem to be taking this awfully seriously. I've known that Caustic Burno was an alias for somebody for quite awhile. Macon said so way back. I've been looking for that post, but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, Campground has been here for a long time and if he got bored and decided to have a little fun, what's wrong with that? Like Wayne Dyer says 'Remember rule #6 'Don't take yourself so darn seriously'. When asked 'What are the other rules?'. The answer is "There aren't any'. Good Luck.

ALX.":1jnmcogn said:
backhoeboogie":1jnmcogn said:
I might just go through a whole box of kleenex.

You might go through several boxes if you just shove em where your credibility is.

You got a real thing with this credibility issue you keep bringing up. Interesting.

I can always come back as someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts