CattleToday Chat Room

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
Wonder how well a chat room would go over on CattleToday? This sight is great but I know Macon is always adding new things to it.

It might be kind of fun to be able to stop in to say a Coffee Shop that is in real time with people talking live.

You can even have moderators that can kick us out if we argue or get out of hand. And bots can kick you out if you type bad words.

Just a thought!

mulga":36ulpg6b said:
How did the sale go Killala
Mulga

very good mulga, better than we all expected. when i get time i will post results in the sales forum

sounds good aplus, but the time scale is different for most of us, those in Australia would be nearly a day ahead and possibly asleep when some are on the boards as like us in England we are anything from 5 upto 11 hours in front of the states. and sleeping when you all are writing.

chrisy":353qe7v4 said:
sounds good aplus, but the time scale is different for most of us, those in Australia would be nearly a day ahead and possibly asleep when some are on the boards as like us in England we are anything from 5 upto 11 hours in front of the states. and sleeping when you all are writing.

I must be on England time cause I am always up late, early whatever you call it, Curse of working Nights. I know dun is an early riser and Backhoe boogie seems to be up early also. Guess you would be stuck talking to us. :lol:

aplusmnt":38tocr0q said:
chrisy":38tocr0q said:

I must be on England time cause I am always up late, early whatever you call it, Curse of working Nights. I know dun is an early riser and Backhoe boogie seems to be up early also. Guess you would be stuck talking to us. :lol:

that wouldn't be a bad thing... ;-)

chrisy":13ba2fs0 said:
aplusmnt":13ba2fs0 said:
chrisy":13ba2fs0 said:

What time is it now over there? You are on at same time as most of us. It is evening here 6:30 p.m. Or are you a night owl also?

aplusmnt":1g4h5aca said:
chrisy":1g4h5aca said:
aplusmnt":1g4h5aca said:
chrisy":1g4h5aca said:

What time is it now over there? You are on at same time as most of us. It is evening here 6:30 p.m. Or are you a night owl also?

I'm a night owl it is 00.54 am now. I find it hard to sleep, am a very restless sleeper, mind is always on the go.

chrisy":1ll7zd8q said:
aplusmnt":1ll7zd8q said:
aplusmnt":1ll7zd8q said:

I'm a night owl it is 00.54 am now. I find it hard to sleep, am a very restless sleeper, mind is always on the go.

Try taking some Melatonin 30 minutes before bed time. I am a messed up sleeper and being ADD I can not shut my mind down at bed time. Melatonin has did miracles for helping me to go to sleep. It is not a drug, but sold like Vitamins. You might look into rather you can get it there. Doctor recommended it for me but like I said it is not a drug. Trust me it works!

Actually, I think this has been suggested before. I think it would be a great idea! And for those of you "over seas".. you never know when some of us will have insomnia!

I always wake up about three in the morning for my "hour of worry". I worry about money, my kids, his kids, money, money, money. I hate it. I keep telling myself that there's nothing I can do about anything at that hour, but then I wake up at the same time the next day. Really blows a hole in my sleep pattern. :mad:

aplusmnt":2cu1nkwv said:
chrisy":2cu1nkwv said:

Try taking some Melatonin 30 minutes before bed time. I am a messed up sleeper and being ADD I can not shut my mind down at bed time. Melatonin has did miracles for helping me to go to sleep. It is not a drug, but sold like Vitamins. You might look into rather you can get it there. Doctor recommended it for me but like I said it is not a drug. Trust me it works!

Have tried all sorts of thing that can be bought over the counter, but makes me to drowsy for the next day, and I have to be careful with what I take because of the Tablets and Insulin I am on, somethings clash, between a rock and a hard place, I think ya call it. Thanks anyway for the advice.

the idea of a chatroom has been tossed around before. i think the last time Macon was about this close (*holding up fingers*) to activating one and there was some news report about online predators or something and so he decided against it.

Beefy":6hlwfj0k said:
the idea of a chatroom has been tossed around before. i think the last time Macon was about this close (*holding up fingers*) to activating one and there was some news report about online predators or something and so he decided against it.

Guess it would be easier for Alice to Stalk Caustic in chat room than message board :lol: I am sure we could keep a close eye on them though.

aplusmnt":3qrozjbl said:
Beefy":3qrozjbl said:

Guess it would be easier for Alice to Stalk Caustic in chat room than message board :lol: I am sure we could keep a close eye on them though.

way to go Alice. ruin if for the rest of us.

aplusmnt":3unf5u5j said:
Beefy":3unf5u5j said:

How did I know you'd finally get this around to me, somehow? :roll:

I don't do chat rooms, never have, never will...you'll have to come up with something better than that.

Alice

Lammie":zx5wo5bz said:
I always wake up about three in the morning for my "hour of worry". I worry about money, my kids, his kids, money, money, money. I hate it. I keep telling myself that there's nothing I can do about anything at that hour, but then I wake up at the same time the next day. Really blows a hole in my sleep pattern. :mad:

Try finding what went right during the day,and cling to that thought--sometimes it works-Me,it 's things I did YEARS ago-stupid things that noone else is alive to remember ! I tell myself it's 30+ years ago,but it seems like yesterday. So dumb.

Alice":15pfqvwj said:
aplusmnt":15pfqvwj said:
Beefy":15pfqvwj said:

How did I know you'd finally get this around to me, somehow? :roll:

I don't do chat rooms, never have, never will...you'll have to come up with something better than that.

Alice

Just kidding! Surely you find some humour in the outlandish idea you have a thing for Caustic. I figured the Joke was so over the top that anyone would know it was not a serious comment.

But on a serious note, I would not think we would have a problem with predators. I know anything is possible but since members have to join and mostly we are older with limited youth on here. I doubt this would be a place a pedophile would hang out to chat with children. The kind of places you hear of this happening are general chat rooms for the public and usually it is chat rooms specifically for young people predators go to them and prey on the kids.

Love the Dateline shows. They are doing some good work catching and bringing this problem to the eyes of public. Some sick people on there. Not to mention stupid.

peg4x4":5jzbchgj said:
Lammie":5jzbchgj said:

Try finding what went right during the day,and cling to that thought--sometimes it works-Me,it 's things I did YEARS ago-stupid things that noone else is alive to remember ! I tell myself it's 30+ years ago,but it seems like yesterday. So dumb.

Or Lord, Peg...me too! I hate that!

Alice

Latest posts